Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

re resea max

Featured Replies

Hi i have just purchased a redsea max all is going well with the asseembly so far but i have one problem i cant for the life of me put the splash cover back on the power center with all the plugs pluged in

and then put it back into the redsea max tank

what i,am i doing wrong please help.

The splash cover doesn't go back onto the power plugs once they are in. I am not sure why it's even called a "Splash" cover.

Mine fits fine - although it had me guessing initially too. Plug all the plugs into the correct sockets (the cables are different lengths, so follow the markings), then gently 'fold' all of the cables towards the bottom. Put the splash cover over the cables, making sure they exit through the square opening at the bottom. Position the cover so that it is against the plug block, but about a centremetre above the top of the plug block looking from the side. Apply a gentle pressure and slide the cover down. It should click into place. You may have to have a couple of goes at this, making sure you don't snag a cable.

  • Author

thanks for your replies but the redsea manual does say that the splash cover does go back on after plugs are plug in and inserted back into the redsea max but how?

The splash cover doesn't go back onto the power plugs once they are in. I am not sure why it's even called a "Splash" cover.

the splash cover definatly goes back on, it does what its called, stops the water that can splash over the side going straight into the power socket.

its really easy to put it on like the conch has explained

the splash cover definatly goes back on, it does what its called, stops the water that can splash over the side going straight into the power socket.

its really easy to put it on like the conch has explained

True. I Swear ours fits nicely in the cabinet ;) However, It may have been fitted over the plugs. I will have to check when I get home now. If it's not on I will tell the gf she should put it on :P Fked If I am working on her tank haha

True. I Swear ours fits nicely in the cabinet ;) However, It may have been fitted over the plugs. I will have to check when I get home now. If it's not on I will tell the gf she should put it on :P Fked If I am working on her tank haha

That's the spirit! :lol:

Perren, the bubbles will disappear in a few days, but if they dont contact John - he has a 'trouble shooter' sheet for the RSM that he can probably send you a copy of. With regard to the lights, it isn't critical until you have livestock in there, but I'd just set them for 12 hours or however long you intend to keep them on for normally. :D

  • Author

Hi all my redsea max has been set up for a week. What is the best way to keep the hair alage down. I,am useing sea chem gel to keep phosphates down.

Is it just a mater of time as only setup for a week what about a lawn mower blennie.?

thanks Perren

Yep, don't forget that it is performing a function for you - it is using up nutrients you don't want in the water when corals go in, so just let it grow and then harvest it (pull it off with your fingers). Other than that, just wait.

after re-setting up my reef in January, my hair Algae is just starting to subside now which is good. funny thing is that the only thing with hair algae growing on it are my Astrea snails shells :lol:

What is the best way to keep the hair alage down. I,am useing sea chem gel to keep phosphates down.

If there is no livestock in there, leave the lights off & keep the tank dark. If the algae cannot grow cos it's dark, the nutrients will instead be available for skimming.

Also vacuum regularly any detritus off the bottom of the tank, and blow the rocks clean of any dirt regularly.

  • Author

I have left the white filter sponge in place and cut the black in half what do the rest of you max owners do?

I have left the white filter sponge in place and cut the black in half what do the rest of you max owners do?

I have removed the sponge, and use the chamber for charcoal (in a bag).

  • Author

Can anyone tell me were i can purchase hydor flo diverters i want to fit these to the red sea maxs two pumps.

Thanks perren

  • Author

Hi all just a quick question what do t do to get my alkalinity up in my resea max. The ph is good at 8.5 i,am dosing 5 ml of redsea buff per day to get it up is this safe to do. I use natural sea water filtered at the national aquirum of napier this water has a low alkalinity.

Thanks Perren.

Do what you are already doing - add a buffer. If you only need shall amounts you can use the prepared solutuion that came with your max, otherwise there are cheaper 'bulk' alternatives. I'd also consider buyig another test kit - the one that came with you max is a little vague.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.