bristle noses

DantezGirl

okay will they be ok in a cold water tank with my axies? temp ranges from 14.c - 23.c but when it gets to 20.c i usually put the ice bottles in to bring the temp down as the cooler the better for axies

so will bristle noses be ok with my axies? need someone to do the housework them axies are bloody lazy lol

They would not go well together.

A) as stated, BNs are tropical and need min 18+C

B) Axies would eat them I think - or try.

C) Despite seeing "coldwater guppies" for sale, they are tropical. Again, not below 18C

If you want fish in with your axies, perhaps leopardfish or white clouds would be the answer. We need someone who keeps axies to tell us if they eat all fish or just slow ones :D

I personally wouldnt put a bristlnose in a cold water tank, as said above, they perfer 20+degree water.

Although they look pretty fast when they swim, they spend most of their day latched in dark areas or slowly cruising around eating alge off the glass/plants/ornaments etc.

yip will put them in the guppy tank not in the axolotl tank thanks all for the info

AXOLOTL AXOLOTL AXOLOTL AXOLOTL AXOLOTL AXOLOTL AXOLOTL AXO

ok been spending time with the babies today just admiring them and notice some have there front legs not very big but you can definatley see front legs when can i start them on frozen foods?

good point L.A axie babies are as people know tiny but i had an abundance of those stick daphnia so have been using those today i got my a into g and brought a fine mesh net and hey presto they handle the red dot type better

there are a few tiny ones still there and its funny and distressing at the same time because they have eaten a whole stick type daphnia and the half the thing is sticking out it butt becuase it the same size as the axie

any way's i think that may be why i lost a few babies as they are prone to getting air bubbles why is that? and i lost one because i stupidly put a whole white worm in there the poor thing must of choked it still had the worm in its mouth any suggestions?

no there the normal daphnia i think the stick ones are adults well i change the water every day as there is no filter im as gentle as i can be when adding water but some still get air bubbles some right them selfs but others just can't pass it and die and float on the surface