Transporting a plama tv

shelzie

we are moving to tauranga on good friday and want to know the best way to transport our 50 inch plasma tv. :-?

we are getting a tuck and doing all the work on our own which means we cant make someones else worry about it.

When we brought the tv we could transport it in the back of our audi with the windows down and top corners sticking out each side.

we no longer have the audi and the back seat on our subaru is too small. :roll: so any idea would be great :D

haha we are in morrinsville and your in wellington. :lol:

when we moved here from hamilton in october i didnt want to bring our other tv as it was a bigger pain in the butt so i went and brought this one. lucky i didnt get a bigger one. i was tempted too :lol:

yeah maybe find a freight company who will pack it for you and insure it.

Cheaper than hiring a bigger car ;) !! Actually.. hang on.. you have a truck..

dunno what your local 'dump/recycling' situation its there.. but at transfer stations here they have a recycling depot and they accept cardboard.. I'm sure you could pick some up for free if there was something similar there..

take as much as yo uneed and cut/tape it to size... the more layers the better!! THEN you can probably wrap it and wedge it without too much trouble!

If you have more than one bed, put it between the mattresses, or if you only have the one bed, put it between the soft side of the base and the mattress, with the screen facing the mattress. I have transported 20-30 this way with no complaints. I have also been told that plasma's can not be tilted so try to keep it vertical at all times. Good luck

I manage an appliance retail store.

We move and transport plasmas on a daily basis

We lay plasmas on their side everyday. I mean how else do you attach the pedistal stands..

It is stated on the box not to ship on their side..This is to stop Big John the local trucky from the freight company stacking heavy objects on the boxs and breaking the glass.

Simply wrap tv in plenty of blankets andi if possible , tape a piece of poly or cardboard across the screen to prevent knocks to the glass.

the safest way isprob as stated in a previous post about placing against a mattress.

I manage an appliance retail store.

We move and transport plasmas on a daily basis

We lay plasmas on their side everyday. I mean how else do you attach the pedistal stands..

Thanks, that is good to know. I spent 8 years moving furniture, and was told early on that if plasmas were tilted, it would mix gasses (or something like that) and the TV would not be useable after that. As keeping it upright was easy to do, we were not willing to test the theory out.

Thanks, that is good to know. I spent 8 years moving furniture, and was told early on that if plasmas were tilted, it would mix gasses (or something like that) and the TV would not be useable after that. As keeping it upright was easy to do, we were not willing to test the theory out.

I can't imagine that anything would be sold to the general public that's even remotely that sensitive that tilting it will "Mix the gasses" and destroy the TV. Beyond the obvious that it would likely need to be tilted at some point during installation, even the slightest little bumps would cumulatively mix the gasses.

Maybe someone was playing a joke on the grunts moving the furniture?:P

I spent 8 years moving furniture, and was told early on that if plasmas were tilted, it would mix gasses (or something like that) and the TV would not be useable after that. .

It amazes me the amount of B S that people come up with.

Definately not getting at you HandS.

But the amount of things people try tell me about the stuff i sell, well you could write a book. :evil: :evil: