How many import quarantine facilitys are there in nz?

HaNs

Its all on the maf website.. Or contact them they can fill you in.. In summary $$ are involved :) If you have the money and time then go for it!

I read the maf site before posting, it doesnt go into the depth i need

Ill flick them a email

Yes i know its costs $$,$$$

You have to get the proposed building certified by maf. It has to be a seperate facility and have an anteroom.

It has to have the approval of the Local Authority which means it will need to comply with the Resource Management Act (Comply with the District Plan or have a Resource Consent)

It needs to be gazetted.

You will need heaps of money to pay for all the inspections and approvals before you get to the paying for importation bit.

The approval regime has recently changed and I have spoken to 3 importers in Chrischurch who have had a lot of difficulty getting approval to continue. These were people previously importing.

Nothing to lose by enquiring and only money to lose by doing. I have a tee shirt I have no further use for (joking)

How many import quarantine facility's are there in nz and where are they located?

There are about 10 fish importers and some likely to close as they can’t sell enough fish, over supply.

It does not cost much to set up,

The main problem is that it is not like keeping a fish tank as it is a lot of hard work and responsibility

Buying stock is cheap but cost a lot of money for MAf/ air freight. And cost are hard to recover unless you import large quantities.

Pretty much the same as you have so many freshwater stock to look after.

Freshwater you have to import many fish to make it cost effective as you can only add so much to a price of a guppy vs marines where you can add more.

6 weeks quarantine for freshwater is a long time.

Hi

Beware...Repeat ..Beware.. :evil:

The rules are now not to importers favor..I believe MAF will stop imported fish by making the rules unworkable..Just like banning imports..Still works to the letter of the law.. :evil:

I was looking at possibly thousands just to renew my manual..Ever time put forward..rejected..And bill just kept going up..

I cancelled my import licence and believe it would be long before imports will be no more..

So best idea..Do what im doing is to breed here..If i can so can many others..Point.. Cant do it in your bedroom.. I do have info on how to set up worthwhile rooms..Dont miss the boat and leave till imports stop..Then no fish to buy and set up as breeding lines..

Cheers Phill Collis

Hi

Beware...Repeat ..Beware.. :evil:

The rules are now not to importers favor..I believe MAF will stop imported fish by making the rules unworkable..Just like banning imports..Still works to the letter of the law.. :evil:

I was looking at possibly thousands just to renew my manual..Ever time put forward..rejected..And bill just kept going up..

I cancelled my import licence and believe it would be long before imports will be no more..

So best idea..Do what im doing is to breed here..If i can so can many others..Point.. Cant do it in your bedroom.. I do have info on how to set up worthwhile rooms..Dont miss the boat and leave till imports stop..Then no fish to buy and set up as breeding lines..

Cheers Phill Collis

Yeh i have suppliers that i want to use, have top notch fish that are on the list but are not being brought in(only a few of these fish in nz). Would be nice to get them breeding over here and get them into the market

Ill email you Phill re setups