Going to Conference ?

Billaney

We hope to get lots of support. Too often the North Islanders say "It's too expensive I can't afford it" and don't about how hard it is for us South Islanders to go north and we have to go north a lot more often than the rest of you go south.

The Tasman Club is new to the FNZAS, and has never seen one of our conferences, but agreed at the last minute to host this year after the original club due to host pulled out. They have done a brilliant job so far and you won't be disappointed.

I thought Warren was going to get a copy of the registration form onto the site before he left the country but looks like he ran out of time. Should be up in a couple of weeks, or I can email a pdf version if anyone wants it.

I just got an email from the Interislander this morning. They are extending their family special until 30th June.

Original special was $190 for 2 adults and 1 car with the ability to add up to 5 kids for $20 each. They have extended this as well to include up to 5 additional adults at only $52 each (max 7 passengers per car).

How about organising club members to travel in a group by car? It is an hour and a half from Picton ferry terminal to Nelson.

Think of how many fish can be transported by car either way :wink:

Great deal with Air New Zealand this morning , grab a seat from Hamilton to Nelson only $59 each way , could conferance be cheaper ...come on guys, see you there :)

Waaaaaahhhh... How come Napier is not on this Grab a seat deal???

Caryl, can you send me a PDF rego form please - It would be such a shame to cut up my Aquarium World magazine...

No they are not.

seen them coming up to auckland on a frequent basis as well as to Wellywood and christchurch.

Just keep looking.

They don't have ones to Nelson though.

could fly to welly and see who wants to take you over on the ferry? :roll:

I have just transfered the deposit for conference and will be driving up in the car. Any one wanting a ride is welcome but preference will of course be given to good looking ladies and young pepsi drinking males need not apply. A small donation for petrol would be looked on favourably.

The dates are a little off but Grabaseat has WGTN -Blenheim tickets for $29 each way. Dates of travel are 4-17 June which means it's a couple of days later but hey, a couple days extra on the South Island is always welcome.

It should be noted that the interislander special is $190 each way and I'm willing to do it with my wagon if others want to carpool and share the fare.

The dates are a little off but Grabaseat has WGTN -Blenheim tickets for $29 each way. Dates of travel are 4-17 June which means it's a couple of days later but hey, a couple days extra on the South Island is always welcome.

If you go over on the 4th June , you have missed conferance :)

I have just transfered the deposit for conference and will be driving up in the car. Any one wanting a ride is welcome but preference will of course be given to good looking ladies and young pepsi drinking males need not apply. A small donation for petrol would be looked on favourably.

thanks for the offer alan. im going by train up to Blenheim (never been on a train before) then will be getting a ride with caryl from there

By the way - Bud is probably coming to conference too 8)

yaaa car ride with bud :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Just thinking about confence etc and going to try and put the following travel plan together. Thinking flying to nelson from Hamilton on the Friday. Getting to picton somehow on Monday jump on the ferry arcoss to wellington as i have never done that before and finally hiring a car in wellington to drive back to hamilton. Will hopefully get this sorted in the next couple of days but i am really looking forward to confence as i always do every year

Dave :D:D