February 7, 200818 yr comment_212163 Isn't it a bit late (or early) for halloween pranks? :lol: (just kidding. I have heard of them) Report
February 7, 200818 yr comment_212186 Contemplating it, but its not really the pumpkins, its Billy Corgan, Jimmy Chamberlain and 2 randoms to fill the spots of James and Darcy Kinda like that Axel Rose did with Guns N Roses. I.e it aint a GNR concert without Slash I haven't actually heard their new album, is it any good? I thought they lost the plot at Machina, seems to happen to all my fav bands (Metallica & that god awful St Anger album, makes me shudder) Still, would be great going to hear some of the classics! Providing they give them the time of day! Report
February 7, 200818 yr comment_212209 Contemplating it, but its not really the pumpkins, its Billy Corgan, Jimmy Chamberlain and 2 randoms to fill the spots of James and Darcy Kinda like that Axel Rose did with Guns N Roses. I.e it aint a GNR concert without Slash Not really, Billy and Jimmy are the two most important members by far, I'd compare it to a GNR show with Axl and Slash. Jimmy is irreplaceable as a drumer, the other two not so, Billy plays most of the lead guitar in all the live videos I've seen. IIRC D'arcy couldn't even play the bass before joining the band... I'll be there, was even thinking about flying to wellington or christchurch to see them twice! One of my biggest regrets of my teenage years is missing their show in 1996. Besides, I thought the GnR show last year was pretty good! Report
February 7, 200818 yr Author comment_212211 I think Ticketek sent me a email saying it was $113, could be wrong. Report
February 7, 200818 yr Author comment_212212 WRONG! Here it is. Select Date: Thu 20 Mar 2008 7:00p.m. Ticket pricing at: TSB Bank Arena, WELLINGTON on Thu 20 Mar 2008 7:00p.m. g/a - floor reserved upstairs $99.90 $119.90 Report
February 7, 200818 yr comment_212227 Best concert I've been to. Billy is the man if you've seen them in concert your will not miss seeing him live. They played the first few songs and Billy wasn't happy with the sound so took a break and sorted it out. Next song started up and Billy walks to the front of the stage and lets rip, a wall of sound came out that hit you between the ears. It was a long concert and then they played like 2 or 3 encores of a couple of songs each. They really wanted to put on a good show and they did, don't think this time will be any different. Report
February 7, 200818 yr comment_212292 St Anger was great, frantic and st anger are fantastic songs, haven't heard the rest of the album but those songs are wicked. note on frantic how the guitar does what the drums then do.... big riffs, big drums, big james Report
February 7, 200818 yr comment_212316 Man that would be an awsome concert My mate who's a hard out musio always classified the pumpkins as a great band because he said they could actually play a live show! I would love to go but don't think ill be able to Report
February 7, 200818 yr comment_212394 meh smashings would be ok i guess, if i go it will be for queens of the stone age Report
February 7, 200818 yr comment_212439 The new smashing pumpkins album is awesome, one of their better albums definitley. I have been told they're brilliant in concert and I'm definitely going. I'm not really a fan of queens of the stone age, but they're ok. St. Anger was definitely Metallica's worst, their album this year is supposed to be more like their older stuff which is good to hear. And about G'n'R, it's ruined, sure I.R.S and Madagascar off their new album are good songs, but the rest are crap. Nothing beats slash, duff, and steven/matt ALONG with axl, but axl alone, cough cough. Report
February 7, 200818 yr comment_212495 My partner and I are going. Smashing Pumpkins should be awesome, and I'm really excited about Queens of the Stone Age too. Report
February 8, 200818 yr comment_212784 I WOULD LOVE TO GO!!!! the pumkpins are the shizzle, my all time fav song is bullet with butterfly wings, too bad its a massive drive away and then hassle of finding accomodation etc. But would still love to go!!!!! Report
February 9, 200818 yr comment_212911 id very possibly be keen,. just gotta get starlet going, have spent 3000 on her and it not even going yet lol. But yea bro we cn sort sumthing out. will sort it out when i see u next Report
February 9, 200818 yr comment_212950 Don't let a couple of hours drive and a broken car get in the way of a great concert like this!! Report
February 10, 200818 yr comment_213195 Already got my tickets for the Welly concert! Gavin.... :) Report
February 10, 200818 yr comment_213243 $100 IIRC, I got two GA for the auckland show in the pre-sale last week. 8) Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.