UV Sterilizers

David R

I've been having on-going problems with whitespot and my clown loaches, not so much a big out-break but just a few spots coming up here and there, and the fish are often scratching on the gravel (sidetrack; how do I tell if that is from the ich or if its gill flukes?).

I've been thinking about adding one of these to help try to combat it Is it worth the money or should I just keep up with the water changes, salt and whitespot cure stuff?

No, I completely drain the sump when doing a water change then fill that up first so the water can warm up while I'm doing the gravel syphon. Doesn't really matter as the water is fairly warm at this time of year, last week the heater didn't even come on after I did a 20% water change! I've turned them up to 28C to try to speed up the life cycle.

I'm suspecting flukes more now as I've noticed some of the loaches and my big dat who seem unaffected by the whitespot are scratching. Might go back to HFF to get some prazi unless anyone can recommend somewhere cheaper to get it?