Filter suction cup

Cheesejawa

On my new aqua one 104F internal filter one of the suction cups dosent seem to stick, causing the whole thing to fall down into the substrate. I am going to try it with water or try to prop it up with rocks. Does anyone know what to do are have any suggestions? I need to what to do soon as the tank needs to be set up tomorrow.

You state that it is new..

Go back to the place of purchase and get it replaced or exchanged.

Goods sold must perform their intended tasks. A suction cup is intended to stick to the glass, so if i were you id be contacting the place you bout it from.

Nothing is more frustrating than suction cups failing on a filter. the filter tends to move and become restricted no matter how secure you try to prop it up with something.

have you cleaned the glass and the suction cups? a smooth clean surface should work, otherwise it must be a faulty product. as smidey said, moisture is required for the suction to work, and there will be less strain on the suction cups once the tank is full of water.

Suction cups don't last forever and need to be cleaned and /or replaced periodically. If it is new equipment return it for a replacement, otherwise take the advice above and try cleaning them and the glass. If that doesn't work, you might havve to buy new ones - Eheim ones work pretty well, and are available in different sizes - you might be able to fit bigger / stronger ones.

Email them.

If the product doesn't meet your satisfaction you are legally allowed to return it within 30 days. You'll probably need to pay postage back but they should offer you a refund or similar.

I recommend the Haliea range of cheapies over the AquaOnes. Its the only internal filter I've ever owned that had suction cups capable of holding to the glass.

I am not impressed by the aquaone, On the box it says 'Quiet and efficent' but makes a loud humming noise. Also the suction cups cannot stop the filter from falling into the substrate and when you go to take the filter off the glass they become dettached from the filter and have to be pushed back in.

Is this the brand and type of filter you mean? And I hope it will be fine for my 110 litre

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Home-living/Pe ... 383524.htm

Also I dont really want to have it refunded until I have got a new filter because I Want to set up the tank. Will they still refund it if it is used?

My Haliea sticks to the tank great, makes no noise, came with multiple output options etc I've been very impressed by it for the price.

With the AquaOne it'll likely get quieter with age too, I've got an old 104F running one of my tanks, its about a year old and runs silent and powerful but it is held up by the cord/rocks because the cups have long gone.

If your filter was purchased in under 30 days then yes you can return it, talk to them first though, either on the phone or by email. If you can spare a few more ponies then I'd recommend just bighting the bullet and getting a proper filter. The 104 does 1200L/hr from memory, so look at either the AquaOne CF1000, CF1200, Jebo 815 or Jebo 819.

CF1200/819's are normally around the $150 mark.

Pretty sure petplanet do the AquaOne cannisters for a that price.

Cannisters are much better because they dont clog up like internals do, quieter as they're better insulated, and hold much more media.

I use Pet Planet all the time. I find them awesome to deal with. Just give Mike a call or an email and explain the problem - I'm sure he will help sort it out.

We also have a little Act Of Parliament called the Consumer Guarantees Act that means that goods bought for home use must be "fit for the purpose intended" - stronger protection than most warrantees from manufacturers - it means that the product must work for what you bought it for.

Good luck getting it sorted out.

Sam