My male betta lost interest

fins

In his eggs.

He made a bubble nest in his tank so i released the female into the tank, I came home after school 1 day and there were about 200 eggs floating on the surface of the water so i took out the female. by the next morning 3/4 of the eggs were on the bottom of the tank, and the male wasnt doing any thing about it. Is this normal or do I just have a lazy male??

Well I just checked and The male was dead, I suppose he wasnt lazy, just dieing. I will go to the fish store and look for another one. And hopefully raise some of the fry from the still floating eggs.

good luck with the remaining eggs but i think with out a male in there the eggs wont get cleaned and grow fungus and die that is if they were even fertilised damn shame about your male dying

when you get another male youll have to condition your female again for about a week or 2 so she has a chance to produce more eggs

btw if you get another male who isnt interested in looking after the nest after spawning jus cut the base off a coke bottle and stand it up in the tank and put the female in there close enough to the nest so the male can see her he'll think hes gonna get anothe go at spawning and keep the nest in tip top condition

i agree with interfecus but do not put another male with them as he will only eat them and take the female away also if you have not already,

the eggs on the bottom will hatch with meth blue being used,you can give the eggs on the bottom a gentle stir to help them against fugus.

good luck

ps try not to disturb the nest :wink: