aqua22

Hi & welcome!

You have come to the right place to ask questions, people are truly wonderful here and always eager to help. I'd be lost without them and probably would have given up long ago if I didn't have such wonderful people to help me.

Plus that is how we learn by asking questions :P

Let us know what size tank, fishies...that you have and when you can post a pic.

Take care & have fun,

Caper

thanks for the huge welcome guys feel at home already :D

we have

3 x guppies

1 x leopard catfish

1x bolivian butterfly

1x plact (sp?)

i have had to move the catfish and 2 guppies into a smaller tank as the purple coloured guppy ate half the tail off one of the guppies then started attacking the other guppy.

the catfish i moved into the smaller tank as he seemed a little bewilderd with all the fighting. All happy now that they are separated

Gee thought guppies where supposed to be easy for the first timer LOL

What size tanks do you have? Plecs (assuming that is what you meant) need tanks over 4ft long. Of course it might be a bristlenose (commonly called a plec when it isn't) which only grows to 15cm

What sex are the guppies? They should be in a ratio of 1 male - 3 or 4 females (unless you have all of one sex)

to post a pic, best bet is to go to a site called photobucket, there are others but its what i use.

register and upload your photo/s

you will note below the pic you uploaded that there are 3 or 4 very techo looking addresses click on the Img one (it will save automatically)

the simply paste in your message on the forum.

Nice fishies :bow::bow:

To tell the difference between a male and female guppy is fairly easy, look at the anal fin. In the female it is "open" so to speak, where as in the male it is thin and pointed, it is called a gonopodium. Next time you are in a pet store just take a look and see if you can tell the difference. Oh also most females you can see a dark spot that is called the gravid spot under near the fish's tail.

I hope I explained it ok, anybody can jump in and help :oops:

Caper