Look what I just got!!

yarimochi

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for your offer Candy but I think well be OK now. I chucked both of the logs and rplaced it with this HUGE root thing I bought at Jansens. Its uber cool and its 100% plain wood so its completely inert and wont leech anything. It creates a really nice amazon biotope look so will look awesome with moana the arowana. Will test water tonight and depending on results consider a pickup sometime this week. YAY!

Not really needed anymore after doing a big 50% water change. Damn its getting harder and harder with a big tank! People with big tanks: are you finding yourself increasingly partaking in shirtless water changes?? :lol: :lol: Your sleeve gets wet and it absorbs into the rest of your shirt and runs down your side. Not a nice feeling. :lol: Anyway, Ive done 2x 30% and 1x 50% water changes over the past week so Ive figured Ive replaced all of the water. When I go home tonight there better not be any ammonia!!!! Or Ill have to kill something.....

Well we'll have to see.

Shirtless water changes - I wish. Dont think my family would forgive me for that :). Yes i just love the water running down the armpit feeling and look! Love it even more when some one arrives to visit unanounced lol.

Yarimochi it should be ok to bring Moana home if you keep up the waterchanges to aliminate/lessen the amonia. I dont enjoy seeing him sulk at HFF.

And we would like an updated pic now you have made changes in the tank somewhat!!

Shirtless water changes - I wish.

:lol: I'll say nothing...

I've been doing my water changes shirtless, but mainly because I haven't been wearing a shirt other than at work.

Don't get carried away with the big water changes or you'll lose some of the bacteria, frequent smaller ones would be best.

Yay!! Some news to share, All parameters are perfect including ammonia which I put down to my water changes and getting over my spike and cycle. Arowana pick up is SATURDAY, Im 100% sure my water is perfect for him and will stay that way as long as I keep up the maintenance. Going to HFF today at around 4 so I can see him. YAY! Pics will be up on saturday.

Yes, thats right, it is Saturday and as I promised here is my beautiful Red Asian Arowana:

arocool.jpg

arocurve.jpg

aronice.jpg

arotankfull.jpg

He Is the most beautiful fish in the whole world!!!! I am soooo excited I finally got him. I think this guy is truly the pinnacle of fish keeping in NZ. He is so happy to be in lots of space and hes settled in really well, he even gave Jack (dempsey) a bit on the tail to tell him to stop following him all the time. :lol: Hope you guys like him, sorry for the slighty blurry photos, its hard to get good ones in an aquarium. To really appreciate his beauty you need to see him in real life, bookings by appointment only! :lol:

I saw it at the shop this morning and it was looking a lot more active and healthy than thelast time I saw it, maybe excited about going to its new home... :lol:

Congrats, it looks great with the red substrate. However, I just noticed how close your filter intake is to the ground, the bichirs could easily stir up the sand so it gets sucked into the filter, I'd suggest you lift it up so its closer to the surface.

tank looks great but still needs a background, that is one awesome aro you got there. What else is going in the tank? A school of large non plant eating barbs would look good.

I know it needs a background and Im working on that. I want some tri line torpedo barbs but they are really expensive!! I think Ill put in 20-30 neons and see how long they last.