Hows everyones killies going?

evilknieval69

Erling gave me some Eggersi peat a couple months back (at SGM) and today the day finally came for it to be wet.

So far i have pulled 115 Fry out.... Yes, one hundred and fifteen :o

I can still see the odd one or two in the peat too, so im sure theres a few more than that to go yet! What am i going to do with them all? :lol: I will grow them up and keep two trios for myself, and maybe a few spare M's and F's, then i gotta get rid of the rest!

I also hatched out some Nigripinnis a few weeks back, but had alot of belly sliders which for some reason they all died, except for two (which are not sliders) Will re-wet the peat after a month though and i hope to get more

I also Bagged up some rachovii peat yesterday too, and i could see HEAPS of eggs in it when i was drying it out! (got some here for ya if you want em barrie) :D Thats my second lot of peat from them

Along with them i have a whole heap of clown fry (around 1-2 weeks old) which are VERY small, aswell as a few Striatum fry

Thats what my killies are doing, how are yours?

8)

while away I lost my Rachovii but took peat off the Nigripinnis and Eggersi which Ive promised to a new old guy further south.

The rest arnt too keen on breeding as the feeding has been very limited for 3 weeks.

Should be back and going again real soon.

Sure will be keen on some peat Evil an should also be able to help with a mate for your Nigripinnis... what have you got left?

The males are black so may pay me to bring down a female eh

Im down there friday 1st in the afternoon so you will be at work?

If you are I will just drop a box off... can only spare 1 female as it will leave me with 2 good ones but with 3 bags of peat.

Did you have a bit of salt in the water?

The ones I have outside have no air and have had the same water for 5 weeks now although Funa may well add some fresh water to the tanks tonight

Im taking more peat in mid Feb so if theres no luck, Im sure that we will get them going OK for you...

So you would say they are males? i would say they are but cant be 100% as of yet. Are nigs the same at nothos RE salt?

I will talk to you closer to the time anyway, but if i have no luck re-wetting the nig peat i would appreciate eggs or fish. Have a bag or two of rachovii peat that i can give you for them.....

I would say males

I just put a bit in from time to time... not much

Pays to have a bit of peat in the water as well... just so that its slightly peat coloured Im finding. At times, I only take eggs so that the water is coloured so after a few water changes, its time to take eggs again. I raise the fry in the same water

I have to admit my killie breeding has not been startling of late. I suspect it may be the hot weather we have been having down here in the real world (thats my excuse anyway). Have a few baby choc australe (wok trained them well) but getting only a few albino and nigerianus gardneri.

Have been spoiling them rotten on live food (mossies, whiteworm, bloodworm and grindals). Just have to hang in there. Have some young ones coming up to breeding size so will try them shortly. Have given up on the gold australe ( my two breeding males died within a week of each other in different tanks---them and I don't seem to get on).

Alan

If you know of anyone going down there let me know and I will send a male or 2 down with them(Australe Gold) depending on what I have at the time.

Its my Striatum that wont look side ways at one another... even taken to pinning up pictures of things I shouldnt to get them interested :wink:

Started taking eggs again last night from Gardneri Blue, Bitaeniatum, Australe Golds as well as peat in with Korthausae and Palmqvisti

Just got my delivery from USA of brine shrimp sieves

I have a trio of Palmqvisti trying to do their thing.

A pair of Golden Wonders happily spawning

5 Striped Panchax that I havn't been taking eggs from

Gardneri Gold trio breeding

2 chocolate australes and a male gold still growing up a little.

Have had the Gardneri Albino's split up for a while coz I had so many frys from them all at once I didn't know what to do with them.

Also have 2 albino young and 3 gold young.

Thats All :)