dragon lost some of its tail

A.PROPHECY

water dragon lost some of its tail

its the one im sure is a male! but just wondering would a female nip at his tail?

i do notice at night when lights go out the female will sit at the top of the tallest branch, within a minute the male will run up and jump on top of her , he sometimes bites her neck when hes on top

eventuly the female strugles and they both fall of togeather

would the female bite him if shes anoyed?

otherwise during the day all the 3 dragons hang out on the same logs and stuff and nothing seems to go down

lol so just wondering whats up with that?

not uncommon for young ones to have a go at their siblings tail tips as they walk past etc,anything that moves syndrome?give them more tucker!it will grow back unlike a beardy but will never get to full length.keep an eye on it that it is clean and dry otherwise it could keep getting shorter and shorter?have seen this with a beardy but not a wd.you could put a bit of bettadine or similar antiseptic on it.

not uncommon for young ones to have a go at their siblings tail tips as they walk past etc,anything that moves syndrome?give them more tucker!it will grow back unlike a beardy but will never get to full length.keep an eye on it that it is clean and dry otherwise it could keep getting shorter and shorter?have seen this with a beardy but not a wd.you could put a bit of bettadine or similar antiseptic on it.

yep. more food.

have a look in the bearded dragon manual,can`t lay my hands on mine at the moment but I think jody may have a copy?dip the tail in a weak solution of hydrogen peroxide,but check the book for the right concentration.Feed them more food so they don`t eat each other??been there done that.

have a look in the bearded dragon manual,can`t lay my hands on mine at the moment but I think jody may have a copy?dip the tail in a weak solution of hydrogen peroxide,but check the book for the right concentration.Feed them more food so they don`t eat each other??been there done that.

is right

can also cut back to good flesh then cauterize

best to get vet to do

make mark on tail with marking pen then see if it deteriorates more

one of our igs had this when i got it, cut to new flesh and dosed with iodine daily for 3 days, took a while but it regrew tail no worries

some don't regrow from that point, depends on species

thanks guys appreciate it :bow:

repto - i think ive got a copy of tht manual here ill look after tea, theyre not bad atm but when young (+ lak of food :roll: ) they went through a canabal stage but seem ok now?

livingart- it doesnt look too bad but got me thinking after what u said, ill keep an eye on it.

If i do go the hydrogen peroxide way can you buy that at the shop or?

Cheers

Matt

didn't mean to panic you mincie :o

i only meant it as advice :D

when you first start out wth a new animal it can be a bit of a worry

after a while things will settle down

each of us keep our animals in slightly different ways, but good food, the right temp and humidity and environment are about the same in all keepers

it is good there are so many knowledgable and experienced keepers on here :hail: