Anyone got arachnids?

tonka

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone here got spiders?

if you have a look at western springs near the scupture of the person standing on its head on top of two other people- near the lily pond.

There are some very large thick bodied huntsman spiders that are very aggresive- have a look under the basalt rocks under the tea tree.

Don't get bitten and watch out for the ranger, also do not put in container together as they will kill each other. They look like tarantulas 8)

just released 2 pairs into my Garden in a selected spot after creating a little habitat for them mimicking the habitat I found them in. The third pair I have in a box and will monitor them closely. I am still unsure of what I will try feeding them, baby locusts looks like a plan but I need them to build a web first

have a similar species ?around here but with 2 spikes like false legs off the rear of the abdomen?big huge fangs thats for sure!I gave one to the aquarium and they had it out the back for ages feeding on mealwormsand cockroachs,could have a look for anyone but I am sh... scared of them!they live down a decent sized silk lined hole but you can find the odd one under logs etc.

Ah yes, after further research I believe the ones I have are Hexathele hochstetteri (Banded tunnelweb spider) rather than the Porrhothele antipodiana (the black tunnelweb spider).

I would be keen on some Poecilopachys australasiae if anyone knows where to find them?

Ah yes, after further research I believe the ones I have are Hexathele hochstetteri (Banded tunnelweb spider) rather than the Porrhothele antipodiana (the black tunnelweb spider).

I would be keen on some Poecilopachys australasiae if anyone knows where to find them?

No the pics you put up are not Hexathele Hochstetteri.

check www.knoxberryfarm.freeservers.com spiders in nz page for some ID pics