Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Anyone got arachnids?

Featured Replies

  • Replies 57
  • Views 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • 2 weeks later...

Hello fellow spider fans, I had the pleasure of keeping a female tunnelweb (P antipodiana) in a terrarium for about 7 months last year - she was so beautiful and it was just fascinating to watch her eating, digging and spinning :-) She successfully mated with a male I popped in and raised some wee fellas up to the stage where they were just beginning to venture out of the tunnel and check out the world. All was just great to observe :-) I'll try and post a pic of her

I cant remember if I have posted on this thread before but I am currently caring for a mexican red knee tarantula, a goliath bird eating taratula, a pair of rose tarantulas, a katipo, about 25 avondale spiders (and 9 babies), a white tail, 2 water spiders and a nursery web spider, I think thats it...

Hey Stella, its me, Amber I finally gave in and signed up :-) I fed her adult mealworms mostly as someone was growing them in the control temp room next door (lazy) but she got a few isopods here and there as well, never got her to eat a snail... Did you not meet her when you came to visit?

davidb, I wish I was yooouuuu :-) are your water spiders aquaticus? I been working in a stream thats got heaps and heaps of Dolomedes III, they're pretty impressive looking spiders!

:lol: Hi Amber!

Now keeping Dolomedes aquaticus would be very very cool.....

Am going to start a mealworm culture soon (am moving at the start of Jan and will have more room for cultures. I am sure the neighbours will love the mossie larvae!)

Maybe I did meet her when I first visited you at massey? Don't think I saw her but saw her apartments.

EVERYONE wishes they were DavidB :hail::wink:

(btw I have that dead freshwater crab ready whenever you want to pick him up)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.