Info on my new fish please.

Mrs Frog

Rule 1 of fish keeping: NEVER buy a fish unless you have researched about it, know what it can go with, know its water requirements and know what it is called!

Rule 2 of fish keeping: Refer to rule 1

Rule 3 of fish keeping: Refer to rule 2

I have googled this fish but its nicer when other owners of this fish type can tell me directly about them, or maybe someone who knows a bit about them, and its going into a tank by itself so no worries there, but thanks anyway.

Thats a prety cool fish 8)

Have a read up on them here.

http://badmanstropicalfish.com/profiles/profile97.html

Hope you have space for it (30cm adult size). But at least it appears to be pretty peacefull for a large cichlid, even it they have a habit of re-arranging the furniture.

Cheers

Ian

Hi Ian

Yes I have space for it, I was rather impressed by the size it can grow too, the one I have just brought is 13cm apprx at the moment. I think it will be neat watching this fish do its thing :)

They are brilliant fish, rather slower growing, alot of Geophagus are... love a sand substrate as they are sifters... sand is alot better due to the fact that stones and tank pebbles can graze and damage the insides of their mouth... They can be territorial... we have kept them happily with other cichlids however, do far better with less aggressive species, they can be kept with Jurapari, we kept both species together and they looked great together. Larger tetras and some catfish do well with these fellows. They can also be kept in a tank with robust well rooted plants... as long as you leave enough room in the tank bare sand/substrate so they can happily sift away.

HTH