What's your favourite marine fish?

tHEcONCH

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol... at the name of the last ones!

Teehee! Seahorses Must be extra special ! What other fish share a name with a part of the human brain?! (yah, OK, I AM biased, lol) :)

... and I have no idea Why that part of the brain got named hippocampus... hmmm

In the last pic, is the "white" area actually a part of the seahorse or are they resting on something :oops: :-?

Caper

Hehorse has got his darkish tail wrapped around the white plastic hitch and I think you are seeing another part of the hitch in the background... The 2 SH's in the pic are in full flirt mode, his pouch is all puffed out filled with water showing off to her and they both have their heads tucked, about ready for "takeoff" where they stretch their heads out and then rocket to the top of the tank and dance with eachother....

your mandarin looks fatter than mine, :-? i would like to fatten him up a bit, its a pity you can't buy live copepods here like you can in the states

You can still get them, but you just have to get them from other reefers. Maybe you could convince one of the other locals with an excellent population to let you have some from time to time. You can simply put a non-toxic plastic scrubbing pad (those that look like a hair ball) in their tank/refugium/sump. The little guys will pack into it and there you go. I had gotten some from John in the past when he had his propogation tank up and running. Unfortunately, he doesn't have it any more. :(

I probably wouldn't be the best candidate since I'm bare bottom and run filter socks from my overflows. You need to ask someone with a nice, full sand bed and no mandarines. :)

Guest Anonymous
Have to say I saw once a fish that I think was called a Scooter Blennie?

Scooter Blenny is a nice fish! It is in the same family as the Mandarin and has the same diet/food requirements. Nice looking fish.

As for Copepods. You Maybe able to import them, I have been chatting to MAF recently about importing Rotifers and it looks do-able. The same procedure would apply to copepods.

Currently, I am culturing Copepods in 2L glass flasks to try and gauge their reproduction speed. I will post more info when I have it.

As for favorite fish, for dumb.. or dumber I love my Hippo Tang

Reef13.jpg

• 3 weeks later...