September 26, 200719 yr comment_185097 I searched this site for this water changer and only found some old forum topics dated 2002/3. My LFS didn't know of anyone who stocked/sold it. Does anyone else know if it is available in stores, other than online? Report
September 26, 200719 yr comment_185099 Is it this sort of thing? http://www.aquariumpros.com/p-PYT13B,PYTwc.html If it is someone on this forum sells them Report
September 26, 200719 yr comment_185126 Some dude on trademe had a few Im trying to source a few my self :roll: So if anyone knows where in the world they are made that would be great! Report
September 26, 200719 yr comment_185136 You can order them from that site from overseas or are you wanting to get some made? Report
September 26, 200719 yr comment_185140 You can order them from that site from overseas or are you wanting to get some made? Trying to get them before to many people "clip the ticket" IE find who manufactures them Not worth getting them made up for me as setup costs would be $15k-20k here in nz Anyone got 20k they want to invest in me? Report
September 26, 200719 yr comment_185161 Mikefish on trademe---He is on here sometimes but can't remember the handle. Report
September 26, 200719 yr comment_185174 He did say "IN STORES - not online" I bought mine years ago in a shop in Hamilton. The Goldfish Bowl I think Report
September 26, 200719 yr comment_185180 He has a shop in Armagh St. Sells fishy stuff---rods etc. Report
September 26, 200719 yr Author comment_185194 Awesome guys. Thanks. I found his trademe listing. Mikesaquatics sell the faucet pump end. I have a suitable hose at home I can use - easy water changers are on their way Report
October 12, 200718 yr Author comment_188084 ***UPDATE*** My water changer arrived today. It made my day. Now my water changes are uncomplicated, no mess, no buckets, stress free affairs. Simply add water conditioner, plug it in and that's all. I will go as far as saying I think it is the most important hobby-related purchase I have made thus far! It's amazing. I totally recommend it. Report
October 12, 200718 yr comment_188092 Sweet, have you got a pic of what it looks like? or is it like the one on that link? Report
October 12, 200718 yr comment_188134 I just used a Y valve with 2 valves on it. Works the same as a python but 1/2 the price Report
October 13, 200718 yr comment_188177 as far as shops selling them, kongs used to have the contract for importing them, via lees, but last i herd they were only selling them to shops for shop use Report
October 14, 200718 yr comment_188409 Simply add water conditioner I'm confused :-? no surprise! So, exactly how does this work? You attach it to your tap? Sucks the water out of tank, then somehow change "something" & add water to tank? But when do you add the water conditioner? Can you vacuum with it? Caper Report
October 14, 200718 yr comment_188413 It is a venturi. The water from the tap running to waste sucks water through the hose to the tank so the tank water and tap water go to waste. When finished you alter the gadget and it sends blended hot and cold water back to fill the tank. They fit on a fawcet. You unscrew the filter off the end and screw this on. I found that the fine thread on the plastic stripped so I made a connection myself to fill the tanks which I use after siphoning from the tank. I understand Mike has a metal connection which would overcome that problem. I also was not happy puting tank water down the kitchen sink so I siphon onto the garden then fill. Report
October 14, 200718 yr comment_188415 But can you vacuum with it? What about the water conditioner? Caper Report
October 14, 200718 yr comment_188419 You can vacuum with it and we don't use water conditioner in this part of godzone as our water is artesian and untouched by human hands. I imagine you would have to add it slowly to the tank as it is filling. Report
October 18, 200718 yr Author comment_189319 I had the same idea as alanmin4304: I dont like the idea of fish water in the kitchen sink. My pot plants on the deck are a lot perkier with the fishy nitrate water. As for vacuuming with the hose I have found that if the hose is coiled on the floor (instead of straight) larger debris can build up and slow the flow. (I have a sand substrate and had a couple of vacuum incidents where we lost quite a bit lol) Report
November 3, 200718 yr comment_192618 Do you mean that you use the "python" to siphon the water to your garden? Or do you just use the hose? I have one, and finally got the hose and attachments, but I find it really difficult to get on and off. I may be able to use a different tap, but I still don't like wasting the nutrient rich water! Report
November 3, 200718 yr comment_192628 I have made up a connection to go on the fawcet with a snap on connertor for the hose. Connect hose to tap a tank under the water. Fill hose with water and disconnect hose from tap and put on garden. Add vac to hose if required and siphon. Reconnect hose o tap and fill tank with blened hot and cold water. Works for me. Report
November 4, 200718 yr comment_192792 Rather like the sound of all this..... filling buckets up and throwing water out can be a pain.... I always end up spilling water on the carpet.... :oops: :roll: Have you got pic's I'd be interested in getting one... they sound great! Report
November 4, 200718 yr comment_192794 Hi, if you check page one there is a link through to Mike who sells them. :lol: They are great. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.