Tonic Salt

danilada

Sweet as. I think i remember in another thread you said you had a pair or trio of Nothobranchius Korthausae yellow? Are you a member of the NZ killifish association? If you arent and would like to join (which i would highly reccomend as its a great club) feel free to PM me and i can give you some details as to who to contact.

Good luck with the Killies BTW, and if you want more theres always Stu in wellington that has heaps and im sure he could help you out :)

umm I wouldn't think of Tonic Salt as a complete waste of money. It does have its uses.

Defiantely agree not to add it to the tank on a regular basis. Otherwise you effectively ween the fish on to salt, so they get a bigger shock after water changes or if you sell them. Quite often I see normally hardy fish go in to shock because the previous keeper used salt to keep them healthy. They should be healthy on there own.

But as a medication its good, thing is with the so called 'Tonic Salt' is that it doesn't have any of the possibly harmful additives (or so I'm lead to beleive), so its safer for the treatment of fish. I used to use Rock Salt as an alternative from the supermarket but that is known to contain impurities.