tHEcONCH's Red Sea Max

tHEcONCH

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not me :( This month is gunna suck, gotta buy tyres for the 4WD which are $250 each, and got the juwel lighting unit to pay for.

Apart from my $100 voucher, I dont think i'm gunna be getting much else :(

Anyone want a kidney? Only $300!

I've been eying that up for a while, but I've sort've gone off substrate dwelling corals because I hate having to move them when I syphon.

If my replacement nanostream clips would turn up, I could sell my 6025 for some more coral spending money!

I don't move mine - just hoover around them. I don't think that there is too much harm in having a little bit of crud in your tank, especially if it means not disturbing corals too much - you should see how much crud is in my substrate - you'd be horrified!

Cool

Will have a look, but we'll see. I'm not allowed to go silly with money this month like I have in the past (John is the reason my CC is nearly always maxed out, as soon as I start getting somewhere, I decide I want to change something and it all disappears again haha)

Does it involve a large (800gallon) deep (1 meter from water surface to the bottom) tank Which is a mixed reef dominated by ginormous rare Acros, and with an artificial base through which detritus falls and is swept through a passage to a large lagoonal system (900 gal.) Which is like a small pond/touch pool (with heaps of Mangroves, a seagrass bed, Massive Conches, Thousands of Cowries and at least 20 of Cataphyllia? Then the water from the Lagoonal Pond is pumped back into the Reef system, via a sump system featuring a montorous DIY Skimmer and some other super cool inventions which haven't been invented yet...

Because if that is your plan, you are just a copy, coz thats what I'm going to do!!!! :lol:

Does it involve a large (800gallon) deep (1 meter from water surface to the bottom) tank Which is a mixed reef dominated by ginormous rare Acros, and with an artificial base through which detritus falls and is swept through a passage to a large lagoonal system (900 gal.) Which is like a small pond/touch pool (with heaps of Mangroves, a seagrass bed, Massive Conches, Thousands of Cowries and at least 20 of Cataphyllia? Then the water from the Lagoonal Pond is pumped back into the Reef system, via a sump system featuring a montorous DIY Skimmer and some other super cool inventions which haven't been invented yet...

Because if that is your plan, you are just a copy, coz thats what I'm going to do!!!! :lol:

how did you know lol

i dont think it will be that deep but it will be 8 foot X 3 foot X3 foot + 2 sumps

If / when I ever build a big tank, I'm going to recess it into the wall and try to hide as much of the equipment as possible (including internal pumps etc). There are a lot of potentially great tanks that are let down by being plonked at the end of a room with all sorts of junk poking out. Tanks should draw your eye to the contents, not all the equipment. Ideally it would look like a window to a reef, rather than a box full of water with corals in it.

Prfft only 800 galon reef?

Try something cooler.

a "Window" looking through your house. Outer window viewable from outside 1inch thick arcrylic (fully fenced section ofc), so that the tank gets massive outdoor light as well. (upper sotry)

1.5 m wide, 1m deep, 3m long.

Special skylights to allow sun to hit the tank continually all year round.

I've been dreaming :)

And no, I have no clue how to clean the other side of the arcylic :S

Oh well.

Argh, i knew the new fish/corals would arrive while i'm away :evil:

.. anyone know if the flame angel/six line wrasse etc still available?

Conch, or anyone else do you know what sort of condition the above fish are in? Also anyone know if the sun corals are still there, are they yellow with orange centres or completely yellow?

On the plus side i've visited both Hollywood Fish Farms while i've been up here in Auckland. I thought they had nice setups, and the mt roskill has a nice marine display tank. Reasonable selection of corals/fish and i thought their prices were pretty reasonable too