tHEcONCH's Red Sea Max

tHEcONCH

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear rumours of a 4" version... unfortunately a tank with twice the volume would mean twice the cost for corals, and if you punch those numbers into the calculation for determining the amount of grief my Wife would give me

Grief = RSM x (new tank volume to the power of length),

Grief = RSM x 260 to the power of 4

Grief = The amount of grief I got for the RSM x 4,569,760,000

That's quite a bit of time in the doggy box!

:lol:

There are only two fish in the tank, so there isn't too much competition. I started with a cup full of live sand full of all sorts of little bugs, I've introduced live Mysis shrimp, plus a few other creepy-crawlies have come in on corals that have established a population. I feed the tank a lot which keeps the populations up, and I also feed Reef Roids which the fish seems to eat - it has actually fattened up quite a bit and seems happy - it spends most of the day hovering around picking at things - its fun to watch :D

Errr... I'm a marine newby - what do you mean by 'dose' :oops: I tip a little bit (about a teaspoon) of Seachem Reef Plus into the brine shrimp before I feed the Sun Corals (every second day), but other that I don't add any supplement - I just do 15% week water changes.

Sweet tank man! hows the clam? he happy enough with that much light?

Seems to be - its grown another set of those little ridges on its shell, so I guess its OK. I keep the clear shield over the lights clean - it seems to make quite a bit of difference.

I'm no expert cos I've never had one I just keep the easy stuff. They are reputed as being very difficult because they do well for the first few months but then nearly all of them wither away and die and nobody knows why.

But in just a few tanks they do well, grow, and even have babies, it's one of those reefing mysteries.

If in the future it starts to fade away, let me know, I do know something that will probably get it back to health it would be interesting to try.

Ha! Great minds think alike :lol:

Reef Solutions is the thing I was thinking of. The reason I was thinking that is because on the overseas boards I have seen cataphylias often do well in a Miracle Mud tank.

I also thought that if a person did not want to dose his whole tank with Reef Solutions, perhaps feeding the cataphylia a small morsel that had been soaked in Reef Solutions would do the trick.

I also thought that if a person did not want to dose his whole tank with Reef Solutions, perhaps feeding the cataphylia a small morsel that had been soaked in Reef Solutions would do the trick.

Yeah should work sweet, but dont see any harm dosing the tank its a very good product, plus one bottle would probably last a year as i only dose it 2-3 times a week.