Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Burst belly

Featured Replies

just noticed one of my neon's had died and when I removed it from the tank I noticed it had a burst belly?! What has happened?! I had noticed it was looking very "old" the last week or so ie; lurking at the back of the tank, swollen belly and thin everywhere else ect

Any help on what this is and how to avoid/treat it??

is it a possibility it had eaten something and blockage occured, stomach contents fermented causing the burst

might have happened after fish died maybe, anus not working and bad stomach swelled up

sorry just suggestions :D

did it smell bad :o

was rest of fish rotten

heaps of questions 8)

who smells a dead fish :oops:

me to eliminate the aforementioned possibilities :D

  • Author

did'nt smell it sorry! :-? :lol: I had been watching it about 2 hour's earlier and it's condition had'nt appeared to have changed alot. It's eye's were missing aswell allthough the other fish may be responible for that?! I had also cut back alot on the food for about the last month?

Quite often when a fish dies the other fish eat it, the first places they seem to eat are the eyes and the stomach contents leaving a hole where its stomach would have been.

How long did you have these fish and were there any other deats lately?

Hmmm - watch out how the others are doing, cause unfortunately, neons are very susceptible to fishTB.

If any others look unwell with funny sores or growths I would think about that possibility. Humans can catch it too.

I had some g/fish fry with burst bellies dying. All i could put it down to was they ate WAY too much bbs when i gave them a treat once. Did water changes, threw in salt, ended up putting them inside in a tank to keep an eye on them but nothing worked, then they came right. I would easily find 4-6 a day floating.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.