My Legless Lizard

Beardy_dude

Quotes:

"Well Dragon but it is a lizard"

"It is a lizard but more known as a dragon check out this link."

"Yes, Of corse i read it"

I fail to understand how you could have read the article (or indeed, ANYTHING on tuatara) and come to the conclusion that it is a dragon or any other type of lizard. Perhaps you did not understand the words?

And I know davidb was joking. As he well knows, tuatara have been around since the time of the dinosaurs but are of course not dinosaurs themselves.

And I know davidb was joking. As he well knows, tuatara have been around since the time of the dinosaurs but are of course not dinosaurs themselves.

I was being facetious :D I would be quite worried if I actually thought Tuataras were Dinosaurs, as I'm studiying Environmental management and Ecology :bounce:

Yes coelacanth, im pretty sure you dont need a pemit to keep a legless lizard but however it is illegal to capture and keep a wild one, which i have not done as this one was givent to me from someone who couldnt look after it.

Wonderful link Broms, thank you for inlighting me on the situation.

Yes coelacanth, im pretty sure you dont need a pemit to keep a legless lizard but however it is illegal to capture and keep a wild one, which i have not done as this one was givent to me from someone who couldnt look after it.

but you said in an earlier post that it had been wild-caught the day you got it....

were you lying?

Australian rules are basically the same as nz

reference below

http://www.amonline.net.au/factSheets/reptiles_pets.htm

used to be different from state to state like USA but now all are same

I think ceolanth (spelling on purpose) was trying to get a point across without being heavy handed.

if the aussie authorities were watching this forum the bearded dude might get a visit

though like nz the odd young person is allowed to pass under the radar when its not a big operation

beardy dude it is not hard to get a license and join a local herp society then no one can ever take your charges off you, that would be sad :cry:

speaking of technicalities in the eyes of the law ignorance of the law is no excuse. and the drunk (legless) lizard is still wild caught, no matter who caught it

i do speak from experience of losing some lizards that technically were allowed in nz :evil: