Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How do you order/import fish???

Featured Replies

I've been looking at the list lately and more and more I'm noticing cool fish that you just never see here, despite being on the list. Crenicichla lacustris (Pike Cichlid) or Cichlasoma festae (now Amphilophus festae, or Red Terror) are just two of them. Both available overseas, but never here.

Short of setting myself up as an importer with my own quarantine facility (yes I'd love to, GF's not really so keen), how would one go about importing such fish? I'm guessing the average LFS would put it in the too-hard basket, and I'm not sure how interested an importer would be with a one-off small-time order.

Ideas??

The problem is getting the fish from the supplier overseas.

If they dont have the fish on shipment day then you dont get it.

Many fish on our list are hard to get and if they are on the overseas list Hobbyist dont want to pay the money for them anyway.

I would love to import puffers! :lol: (is it getting old yet?)

Maybe someone from the forums needs to get really friendly with an importer and take all our orders :lol:

  • Author
Heh, red devils? There are quite a few of them around.

:roll: Stupid common names, I said A. festae (red terror), not labiatus/citrinellus (red devil/midas). :lol:

Reef: That was another problem I had thought of; the importers here probably have their contacts overseas and don't like dealing with anyone else, so if their suppliers don't have the fish you're after then too bad. I doubt any of them would deal with people in the US like Jeff Rapps or any of these guys.

Oh! Ok, that makes more sense, I couldn't figure out why anyone would want a red devil anyway.:)

lol, don't let my work mate Ben hear you say that! He loves his Red Devil. :lol:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.