June 18, 200719 yr comment_168535 I have tigers....thousands of them...millet:if you need some we can sort something out Report
June 18, 200719 yr Author comment_168536 awesome :D I'll have a chat to ya bout it next time im on MSN Report
June 18, 200719 yr comment_168599 NO... I will not take them down to christchurch in my hand luggage next week :lol: Report
June 19, 200719 yr comment_168669 haha yeah how much $$ per hour kapo? Hmm ill try the jumping trick later lol sounds fun and good exercise Free you can have them on the weekend! Tried the jumping thing, sad to say my kids not me , and they looked at me in disgust after about half an hour of nothing! Checked later and still nothing, but hey kept them occupied for a brief while! Good to hear you'll have some soon tho! Report
June 19, 200719 yr comment_168671 I heard that if it's really cold outside and you stand on your head in your dressing gown and stick your tongue out and one arm in the air the worms will come out :lol: :lol: Report
June 19, 200719 yr comment_168676 Drape an old sack or a blanket on the lawn or bare soil ground.. and thoroughly soak it. Come morning there will be a ton of worms underneath it. Bill. Report
June 19, 200719 yr comment_168677 Let me know how you get on Pictures are welcome too! For scientific reasons of course. Report
June 23, 200719 yr comment_169365 The best way to get worms is to get a 2L bottle of water and put some dish washing liquid in it, about 2 teaspoons should do. Then just tip it on the grass in one spot and the worms will come to the top in less than a minute. I used to get 2-3 worms from one bottle of water. Give them a rinse under fresh water to remove any dishwashing liquid and they are ready to feed to your fish. I used to do this all the time to feed my fire eel before he escaped and dried up on the floor. Report
June 26, 200719 yr comment_169788 here's a website if you want to buy worms, they'll courier them out to you as well. http://www.wormsrus.co.nz Report
June 26, 200719 yr comment_169790 here's a website if you want to buy worms, they'll courier them out to you as well. http://www.wormsrus.co.nz They are expense from them 1 kg = 4000 worms approx --- $80.00 + p&p I paid $40 for a kg on trademe Report
June 26, 200719 yr comment_169812 rapt is spot on The best way to get worms is to get a 2L bottle of water and put some dish washing liquid in it, about 2 teaspoons should do. Then just tip it on the grass in one spot and the worms will come to the top in less than a minute. I used to get 2-3 worms from one bottle of water. Give them a rinse under fresh water to remove any dishwashing liquid and they are ready to feed to your fish. I used to do this myself for my turtles except when i did it i used a 1/4 of a cup of dishwashing liquid and would get at least 30-40 worms each jug of water used. try in different spots to i had spots where i would always get more worms. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.