Lowest amount of Clown Loaches in a tank?

SilverBlade86

I recently acquired (with my new tank) 3 clown loaches. Two large ones and one small. The two largest pick a little on the small one at meal times but apart from that they get on well. They just don't tolerate the 'wanna be' clown loach (tiger barb with an identity crisis) :lol:

On a side note, how does one anchor cucumber in their tank? I use a toothpick but whenever the BN starts eating on it it floats up and they run and hide. :-?

This is probably overkill but I brought a set of stainless measuring spoons with stainless wire handles (shaped like a U) from the supermarket (about $5). Then I smashed the spoons of in a vice (they come of easily with a hammer). I then simply push the stainless 'staples' into the courgette or whatever food I want to sink and its easily sinks to the bottom.

i use a small "cup" hook like people use to hold up curtains ad screwed the thread into a small fishinf sinker and just push the hook through whatever it is that i am feeding, cucumber, zuchini apple whatever

I have 3 clown loaches and they get on fine even though they range from 8 to 14cm or so in size. I started with one and then thought he was hiding to much so got the other ones. Seemingly they all seem to hide quite a bit when you first get them and once they get used to the new tank they come out more.

As for feeding i do the spoon through the zucchini as nuking it aparently destroys the nutrients in it.

Another thing to note is some clowns like to destroy plants, my middle sized clown loves to put holes in my plants, once i remove the plant because its too damaged he finds another species of plant to work on. The only time he doesnt destroy my plants is when the zucchini is in the tank.

Have fun.