Discus pics

reef

Here are a few pics of my discus, so hard to take pics but here are a few good ones.

I have more nice discus but cant get a decent pic of them.

How about getting some pics up, There must be more nice discus around.

IMG_3102.jpg

IMG_3084.jpg

IMG_3056.jpg

IMG_3059.jpg

IMG_3091.jpg

_MG_3047.jpg

IMG_3103.jpg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice pics Reef.

Well we don't own these boys anymore, they have gone to discus breeders now.. and have been successfully bred from.

But these were 3 of our Discus that we used to keep... 3 males.

The two pictured were big beefy boys who were raised together. Those two were about 15cm in body.

Found these pictures stashed away in a fish pics folder so thought I would share... actually miss them a fair bit after I see their pics. Sorry about the bad quality of the pics but it was the best I could do with a not so fancy digital camera.

Two Boys side by side as usual..

249863520.jpg

249863529.jpg

Blue Diamond Boy

249863523.jpg

Reef - Awesome Tefes!

I have been contemplating on getting some of those for a while now and your pics may have just pushed me over the edge to splash out!

Heres a pic of one of my Discus.

Turk.jpg

Great pics everyone. My husband who is not at all into fish came with me to Origin Aquatics last weekend and commented on how nice discus were.

Methinks I might need another tank, plenty of advice and assistance from here.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice tank GWH, did you buy your discus locally or have them shipped? Also did you buy them from the lfs or a breeder in chch? Im thinking about adding a few discus to my tank. Pity we can't get those discus reef posted in NZ, they are fantastic

Hi Jolliolli

I have five discus in an AR980 (215ltr), which is the most I would put in such a tank (it has the Wet/dry filter that comes with it and I added a Aqua One CF1200 with 1500m2/ltr media)

My discus are: a 8cm Checkerboard and 6cm San Merah from Redwood Aquatics, gorgeous fish $120 each; a 4cm Turq from John at Organism for $48 and 2 Sunrise at 10cm and 6cm from Robert who is a member of this forum and a highly ruptable breeder of long-standing. His breeding and display set-ups are awesome.

I'm not sure about a few discus though, I had the San Merah first, then had to have the checkerboard (beautiful fish!). Then it was out of my hands, I needed more fish to diffuse the aggression, a 10cm sunrise, then I needed to protect the San Merah, so the little turq was added, then to try and protect the San Merah further another smaller sunrise and there is still a bit of agro in the tank, fuelled by the most aggressive dwarf gourami in the world.

Regards, TGWH