May meeting of Christchurch Totally Tanked

Loopy

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yikes, almost didn't see this until it was too late! Barring my cold getting worse instead of better I'll definitely be there! I'd love to see other people's babies to see if I'm doing the right thing. ^^ Would it be rude to bring fish to eat? =P I'm kind of in the mood for smoked salmon....

I'm the one that lives right down the road so if I miss it this week there's really no excuse!

Oh, and just to jump on the bandwagon... I'm 23. =)

:o Umm...

Oh dear! All i can think of is quick, and easy to prepare!

I will always have bread and tomato sauce available and can always spare a pot to chuck on the stove. The fire will be going for us so we can all be toasty warm!

Perhapes a theme or idea could be "substantial finger-foods"

ie: sausage rolls, cocktail sausages.... nibbly foods that once you have had a few you feel like you have still had a meal.

Hopefully everyone doesn't head off and get a bag of savouries from Couplands :lol:

Oh yeah! and Be creative!

Wow, Milet. I'm on the Wyn end of Dalkeith! I didn't realise how many of you were my neighbours.

I'm determined to come along and meet you all but I might not be able to stay very long. I just heard from my boyfriend that his brother's birthday celebrations might be that night, but I should be able to swing by for half an hour at least before heading anywhere else.

I'm getting excited now. =)

Sorry Loopy, clashes with my brother-in-law's 60th birthday which starts at 5pm :( Last month it was my friend's birthday the same night, just bad timing I guess. I will have to block out the first Sat in now and reserve it for the Totally Tanked meeting. Would love to have seen your blue danios as ours haven't spawned yet though we suspected a couple of them from being pregnant. Maybe they're just fat.

Thats ok fluffypants. These things do happen! At least you WANT to come along, that is a start! Been spending the morning tidying up the house a bit and rearranging the furniture to maximise seating. Hubby is doing a couple of water changes too.

Argh I just remembered i was going to get some sausage rolls out of the freezer!! :o

See you all soon!! :bounce:

Thank you Casper. I am very very happy with the turn out this month.

:bounce: *~!Thank you everyone!!!~* :bounce:

If we can get attendances like that every month or better we will definately have this club humming soon! :bounce:

I do hope everyone enjoyed themselves tonight! And if you didn't let me know so we can do better next time!

Definatly had a great time loopy, im gonna have to get some Long Fin Danios off you at some stage tho, we are heading down to organism tomorrow to pick up a wee tank that we can try and bread the danio's we have at the moment in, and see how we go.

Curious what do you use (if anything) to filter the tank with mum and dad in, and after they come out, what do you use to filter the water with fry in it? :oops:

It was great to come along and meet so many other fish enthusiasts, even if I'm a little outnumbered being a fan of the coldwater. ^^ It was great to see babies and lots of fish I'd never seen before up close, and a couple I'd never even heard of before.

It's also good to know that there's someone(s) close by if I ever need help or general advice. I wish I hadn't been so down recovering from my cold or I would've eaten a lot more of what I saw on the table (I hate to see food go to waste) and probably been a lot more social too. Still, there's always next time. =)

Thanks again, Loopy!

Hey casper. Because the parents won't be in the tank for long (ie 1-2 days) We just don't run a filter in their tank. Feed them a good feed a bit before they go into the breeding tank and don't feed while they are in it.

After they have spawned i just leave the tank for a week or two with only an air stone (and a heater as i have learnt :lol: ) for the fry as i worry that changes in water quality might upset the eggs or fry. Then depending on how things have progressed over the week or two i will siphon out any gunk that has accumulated and top up with fresh water.