Well..well..well...

Afrikan

I just went to feed out tonight.....

I have a few Lionhead cichlids in the Malawi Tank, love watching their action amongst the rock work etc.. and they love it in there...

Love it enough to start a family it seems.... I have a large group of young Lionheads... and the thing is.. they are at a real decent size to! :o I noticed I hadn't seen the same number for a wee while... especially the dominant male... now I know why... :D

And I sat watching them tonight... and the female would come out of the rocks and take food back into her chosen spot and spit the food out obviously for the young Lionheads... awesome to watch! :D

:lol: I shall Alan, (only I don't have Horlicks... hmm now you have got me thinking about adding to my grocery list for tomorrows shop) :lol: Finding the young ones has actually given me a bit of a buzz tonight.. crazy huh :D

As long as I only get clucky over fish babies then that's ok 8) :lol:

:lol: I shall Alan, (only I don't have Horlicks... hmm now you have got me thinking about adding to my grocery list for tomorrows shop) :lol: Finding the young ones has actually given me a bit of a buzz tonight.. crazy huh :D

As long as I only get clucky over fish babies then that's ok 8) :lol:

a buzz is never silly , i still get a buzz with every new breed i have :)

Hi Afrikan. Luv must have been ib the air that night cause Ive just seen a large group of baby Lionheads in my tank as well. :D Mum and Dad were being a bit naughty though and having a wee munch on the odd one :x so it was all hands to the deck as I stripped the tank to save the wee fellas. 52 luckylittle guys :D

Thanks all :D

i think he loves them too much to let them go yet :lol:

Ummm "he" is a she ;) :lol:

Will keep you posted on them ludikras if any available down the track :)

Good one Alex... glad you saved the little ones... :D my guys here almost look like they are at the size where mum and dad wouldn't easily consume, they aren't small at all really :) And mum and dad are protecting their territory fiercely. Seem like a really good pair.

Hi

Congrats Afrikan. Really want to set up a tank one day with Lion Heads. Heaps of large river stones with a strong current. They have to be one of the weirdest cichlids out.

OOA. Good luck with the Astatotilapia Calliptera. These guys are pretty good looking let alone very rare in NZ.

Mike