Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Sections

Featured Replies

this is more for the mods but its also open to discusion.

as there is new sections going in at th mo, Trade me, Reptiles & amphibs.

so i am now asking can we split up the cichlid section so we have african cichlids, (Malawis, tagns, victorian etc) and american cichlids (south american, central american etc)

so now lets see if we can get this as well (its only fair we get a new section as well)

Personally I dont think there is much point in doing it.. Due to the number of posts in the cichlid section, but thats just my opinion lol most likely everyone will disagree :)

The cichlid section is busier now compared to a year or more ago. So could be done. A few things to think about.

This forum is generalised, as far as Fish Forums go. Some sites around the world are more specific. eg; There are forums just for discus & catfish & cichlids etc. Therefore they need to break up into sections.

So is there a need to break up the cichlid section? How many posts in this section are American based for example.

I enjoy reading about both old & new world cichlids. For me, makes no difference.

Frenchy :D

Yeah when I come to look at the cichlids section although I only keep African cichlids ive kept all sorts of others dwarfs south amercans etc so still keen to catch up on that sort of thing or help out if I can..

Personally I dont think there is quite enough discussion about American Cichlids to make it beneficial. People generally dont like clicking too many times, so will often avoid forums which have less discussion, so eventually nobody reads it.

We love them with all our heart, but just dont see enough american cichlid talk. Normally I'll try to squeeze my american cichlid chatter in to 'General Breeding', 'Diseases',and 'Freshwater' ;)

(NB: I'm just a mod, not an admin, so what I've put above isn't an official response, just my quick thoughts on it).

I keep both African and American species, so personally would hate having to follow two sections :lol: :D

Next thing there will be a request in the catfish section for Pleco section, Synodontis section etc :roll: :lol: :D

I think the Reptile and Amphibian section is a great idea however :)

Yeah I think its better just to have the one - not busy enough for two really and I think it could scare new people away from asking questions if they don't know here their fish come from!

Although a frontosa section would be nice... ;)

Well how about a section for contacting other members ? after all we have sections for FNZAS,FORUMS,BREEDING,ARTICLES,PLANTS, FISH plus lots of sub-sections,yet I have to surf the posts to contact other members.

Just go to their PM's or email addies under their name Jim.

If you have a yearbook, and know their proper name you can also use that.

After saying alll that, we did use to have a list of all the members that have joined, but it has gone now.

Do you mean a dating section??! Sounds like fun...!

I'm not really sure what you mean, but did you know you can search for people's user names when you are composing a pm? - hope that helps...

no worries :) it's easy to use, say you wanted to message me but coudn't remember exactly how my slightly odd username went, just search for 'fish' and you'll get me and everyone else with 'fish' in their username - although I guess on here that might be quite a few people! :P

HI All............................... :wink:

LOOKING FOR LOVE...............WANTED TO MEET;

A FEMALE ALTUM ANGEL.

MUST BE SEXUALLY MATURE AND A KEEN MOTHER. WILL GET MY BEST ATTENTION AND A BEATIFUL HOME WITH A PROVEN FATHER.

SEND ME YOUR VITAL STATISTICS INCLUDING AGE AND A PHOTO IN YOUR REPLY TO:

Mr Altum.

C/- Amazonian

FNZAS Cichlid Forum

Nelson

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :hail::hail::bow::hail::hail: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

:bow:

:D :lol: ha, I like it amazonian. That'd have to get more replys than some!!!

MALE TROPHEUS LOOKING FOR SEVERAL WIFES, HUSBAND HAS A BAD TEMPER AND SOMETIMES STRESSES OUT! HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BEAT THE MISSES :oops: NICE PLACE WITH LOTS OF ROOMS AS YOU MAY NEED A PLACE TO HIDE!

LOOK FOWARD TO MEETING YOU. :roll:

:lol: The bad temperd ones normaly get put in a tank(cell) to spend some rehabilitaion time with bubba (one of the fronts) he's probably the equivalent to a large hairy backed cell mate!! :wink:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.