Everything posted by dave01
-
Boris the Arowana's new treats (Details Not so Graphic now )
:lol: :lol: :lol: loose!!!!!!!
-
spectrum foods?
There you go Brad! some kiwi customers Do you think you could get some nice zaire blue fronts over too????? :roll: wishful thinking never hurts!
-
New Sections
:lol: The bad temperd ones normaly get put in a tank(cell) to spend some rehabilitaion time with bubba (one of the fronts) he's probably the equivalent to a large hairy backed cell mate!!
-
New Sections
:lol: ha, I like it amazonian. That'd have to get more replys than some!!! MALE TROPHEUS LOOKING FOR SEVERAL WIFES, HUSBAND HAS A BAD TEMPER AND SOMETIMES STRESSES OUT! HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BEAT THE MISSES :oops: NICE PLACE WITH LOTS OF ROOMS AS YOU MAY NEED A PLACE TO HIDE! LOOK FOWARD TO MEETING YOU. :roll:
-
spectrum foods?
I think its ok?? I sent some fish food over here to my dad when I was living on the coast and it got here fine.As long as you write it on the form when you send it. just dont put any of those bird eating spiders in with it!!!!
-
HOW is everyones frontosa doing................
look'n good fishy t.
-
spectrum foods?
No too sure either actually brad! havent seen it yet but new plymouths fairly limited with fish shops too Anybody else seen it in nz?
-
spectrum foods?
Hi all, any thoughts on "new life" spectrum foods. Had some really good write ups eg. practical fish keeping mag, just wondering if anyone had tried it.
-
Am I crazy
Nice work frenchy, change is always good, so is variety. Thats the beauty of the hobby!
-
Waters gone a bit yellow.
What sort of filter are you running?
- nice tank
-
Waters gone a bit yellow.
Do you use carbon in your filter? That should help.
-
Black ghost knife fish.
I recon it comes down to the old size of mouth rule. If it'll fit in its mouth and its hungry, it may end up there. tough call though as tim tam said they can be fine too.
-
HOW is everyones frontosa doing................
Look'n good!!! how many fronts and tropheus in there?
-
Fronny nesting
Sure is good news, how big are your frontosa's african?? all the best.
-
I found a pic lol
That there was mate, I was a very quiet passenger.
-
I found a pic lol
At a guess frenchy i'd say he caught them from the last female tank mate??? I'd keep him by himself for a little longer to prevent further infection on any new arrivals, definately dont try to pair him up. breeding is out of the question. dots like these usually show up on males that prefer harems!!!
- Cyprichromis leptosoma.
-
I found a pic lol
Was a great holiday thanks frenchy. I jumped on the occasion when my wife said she was going shopping. did'nt want to spend our honeymoon talking fish. :oops: Saw plenty of fish that would have complemented the african tanks at home. I hope they find a healthy specimen for skippy there :lol:
-
Cyprichromis leptosoma.
Hi all, does anyone know if we can get these guys in nz?
-
I found a pic lol
lOL , nice work. Cool shop. Good guys. Enjoyed having a nosey there while on holiday the other week.
-
Lyretail lamprologus Pic
Nice work billaney. great photo.
-
show us ya tangs!
no worries about pics. good to hear cheers cam.
-
show us ya tangs!
Hi everyone. just wondering what tanganyikans are around N.Z. Be much appreciated to see/hear whats around. thanks
-
Questions on Betta spawning
hello there, Well im not too much of an expert on bettas big daddy but I have a little experience(and luck) with breeding them in the past. so anyone that feels they can correct me feel free. I read an article that I thought was pretty gd recently. the breeder does as you have done putting the female into the tank with the male partitioned off so she can get used to conditions but still see the male. When she has the vertical lines and is flaring back at the male he then feeds them that night, takes out the partition and turns out the light. He says nine times out of ten by ten oclock the next morn there is eggs in the bubble nest and the female is hidding behind the plant under cover. Not too sure why yours havent been eating, maybe try varying foods? Hope this helps, sounds easy does'nt it! :roll: good luck