Fronny nesting

Afrikan

For the last week I have had a male Fron digging a huge pit, he's been hard at work stone spitting and he has set his sights on a female I presume.. who seems to sit to the side of the rock and the odd time he checks out to see if she is still there and gives her a curry up with shimmers and tail slaps.. trying to entice her into his lair... gee talk about getting good practice before he actually is of age to be going through with the deed :roll: :lol:

My fronts always clear patches too. sure looks like a sign of wanting to breed but according to others they are not suppose to breed for ages yet....

I conclude that they could possibly breed at a certain size but take time to practice before they get a successful batch out? (like discus)

I get told that most fish will breed say around 6-8 months if at a certain size so why are fronnies to be said not to be able to breed for up to 5 years?

"its a wait and see game" :D but oh how exciting it would be to see a mouthfull for the first time!

Its all about being sexually mature for them to actuall succeed and get fry

Cuckoo catfish will not breed under 2 years old

Fronts are generally around the 2-3 year age mark when I have had them breed

Also approx 5 inches is about the smallest I have seen them hold succesfully

Brad