Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hello!!!!!!!!!!!

Featured Replies

  • Author

Well, a couple of weeks ago I decided to purchase a few guppies off trademe - these are my first and only fish - but I decided it would be a great idea to take on the world of guppy breeding- and so I thought become NZ's premier guppy breeder until I got em and put them in the tank and they all died within 48hrs (didn't cycle my tank) so learnt my first lesson, then with a little more research tried again, only to find that there is a whole other world of fish breeding I never knew about!! Im just amazed at how many people are on this site!!

So basically I am starting from the start and could use any helpful hints you have for me cos I dont actually know what the hell I am doing!!

Sorry to hear of your loss, and yeah cycling your tank is most important :D

There is a Livebearer section on the forums, where you can post with any sorts of issues in regards to guppies etc, neat thread :D

I am not huge on livebearers but somebody here would be sure to jump in and help! :D

Good Luck

Hey and welcome!

Im new to fish keeping too and am keeping livebearers also.

My advice~ make sure you buy good quality, young fish

I had a disappointing start with imbreed fish and old guppies that would die days after purchase which does nothing for your confidence or enjoyment!

Enjoy!

Lana

Hi Ruthie and welcome, if you try and contact Caryl when she returns from holiday I am fairly sure she will be very helpfull and she lives in your part of the world.

Yeah Ruthie, contact me when I get home (March 14th). I live in Faulkland Drive, Blenheim and am president of the local aquarium club. Happy to help you.

By the wonders of modern technology I am typing this from Brunei :wink:

Welcome to The Fishroom by the way :lol:

Hi and welcome Ruthie. Yep, Caryl is sure to help when she gets back. In the meantime just ask your questions here and we will answer

Cheers

i have a few guppies in my tank there great fish i have 2 females and a male and they give birth every 2 weeks for me :) another batch in a few days i think :bounce: anyways good luck :)

Perhaps now is not the time to tell Ruthie we were known as "The Guppy Killes" as we couldn't keep them alive when we first started keeping fish :roll:

That was over 25 years ago though and we know what we were doing wrong now - everything! Got it sussed now :wink:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.