Hello!!!!!!!!!!!

Ruthie

Well, a couple of weeks ago I decided to purchase a few guppies off trademe - these are my first and only fish - but I decided it would be a great idea to take on the world of guppy breeding- and so I thought become NZ's premier guppy breeder until I got em and put them in the tank and they all died within 48hrs (didn't cycle my tank) so learnt my first lesson, then with a little more research tried again, only to find that there is a whole other world of fish breeding I never knew about!! Im just amazed at how many people are on this site!!

So basically I am starting from the start and could use any helpful hints you have for me cos I dont actually know what the hell I am doing!!

Sorry to hear of your loss, and yeah cycling your tank is most important :D

There is a Livebearer section on the forums, where you can post with any sorts of issues in regards to guppies etc, neat thread :D

I am not huge on livebearers but somebody here would be sure to jump in and help! :D

Good Luck

Hey and welcome!

Im new to fish keeping too and am keeping livebearers also.

My advice~ make sure you buy good quality, young fish

I had a disappointing start with imbreed fish and old guppies that would die days after purchase which does nothing for your confidence or enjoyment!

Enjoy!

Lana

Yeah Ruthie, contact me when I get home (March 14th). I live in Faulkland Drive, Blenheim and am president of the local aquarium club. Happy to help you.

By the wonders of modern technology I am typing this from Brunei :wink:

Welcome to The Fishroom by the way :lol:

Perhaps now is not the time to tell Ruthie we were known as "The Guppy Killes" as we couldn't keep them alive when we first started keeping fish :roll:

That was over 25 years ago though and we know what we were doing wrong now - everything! Got it sussed now :wink: