Albino green/golden bell frog

fishboi

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As you might have noticed I competed in the bidding (Up to just over $100) :oops: :roll: Would have went higher but that nzdragons was not going to stop :( Wanted to try get the five to attempt breeding. They look awesome!!!

I think that they are going to list the rest if you're up for one.

would have thought if ur goin to spend that sort of money u would take them all for breeding, pointless just having one

david, they're albino with red eyes and it was wild caught where there was other bell frogs.

I think somethings abit dodgy with those frogs,

1 - a nine year old spotted them - yea rite to me thats covering there ass, if it was truely jst a find they wouldnt need to explain nothing.

2 - if they are just a through back or something from a green/golden bell why havent we seen em before?

but yea i maybe wrong but seems all to good to be true to me.

Basically I think its because to be albino they need complete recessive genes... They never turn up in the wild because we can't control who breeds with who and by far the majority carry the dominant trait, making the recessive gene lost as a split. Those splits breed with another dominant frog and the recessive genes are lost further etc.

I just saw these before they closed so hadn't prepared for them... I'm hoping that the winner only take a couple and we are offered the rest :D

• 1 month later...

I know this is an old post but does anyone know the person who purchased them and how the frogs are going?? I am still kicking myself for not bidding higher than I did, only saw them a couple of minutes before they were closing.

If not, anyone else have any available? :roll:

• 2 weeks later...

Trademe just withdrew the auction, wonder why??

Anyway butterfly, crossing depends on genetics this is a split (Rr) so if you breed with a completely dominant frog (RR) you will get a mixture of offspring being dominant (RR) and some dominant splits (Rr).

Trademe just withdrew the auction, wonder why??

Dunno maybe someone complained as your not suppose to auction anything other than fish from what i understand it should of been listed in otherpets as a listing not an auction, which sux cos then the fun of an auction is lost.

Same goes with turtles you can run an auction in the fish section but if someone brings it to tm's attention they'l withdraw it and give ya a warning :evil: .

I maybe wrong but tm seem to be pulling random auctions lately even some fish auctions, all seem to have had good bids on to so maybe ppl are complaining.

Tms reasoning is tht in an auction you cant choose/make sure its going to a good home but in a listing you can :roll: some fish are rather valuable and just as important as a frog/turtle/otherpet (rat/mice) etc so how and why fish can be auctioned freely and not other pets has me stumpd, seems to be double standards imo it should be all or nothing, I think tm needs to clarify what can an cant be auctioned.

I maybe completely wrong but thts how i see it at the moment, would be interesting to see what other opinions are on this.

TM is pulling all auctions that have been 'phished', not because there is something wrong with them. I had it happen to. The 'hackers' used my TM account to sell cellphones, when TM picked up what was happening - I was at work - they pulled all auctions under my account including my fish ones. When it was sorted and I asked them to put them back on they couldn't find them. Stu was one of my contacts and everyone I have had contact with this year has also been hit.