:)what should i try to breed rams or kribs :)

wilson

When rams breed they're not too bad, but like most cichlid's they will get defensive (if they're decent parents). Personally, I would go with rams. You will be able to sell the fry off easier with them, as there are a lot of people that breed kribs, and they have a hard time selling the fry.

If you go with rams, the fry will need microworms to start off with as they're too small for bbs. With krib fry they can go straight onto crushed flake (not even that really). Also, ram fry are a LOT more sensitive to water conditions than kribs.

It's up to you really, what fish do you like the look of more?

I find keeping rams alive for more than 4-5months is hard no matter what the water conditions I had them with my discus and they had the best food water changes every day or 2 and they still wasted away the same as pretty much every pair of rams ive ever had have.. I put it down to poor quality fish as I picked the best out when I got them but something else may be going on I guess..

Most cichlids will get aggressive when spawning, but if not breeding, they can be quite docile.

I guess I have been lucky, I've heard lots of stories about people with bad rams, I found mine easy to keep. There are some very poor looking ones out there I must admit. I know there are wild ones that have been imported recently, so the quality is getting better.

Like caserole said, raising ram fry can be tricky, it's no problem if you keep up with the water changes and pump food into them :D