February 6, 200719 yr comment_145967 AAAAAaaarrrrghhhh.... frustrating the cr..p out of me. :evil: Okay tantrum over, share your secrets plse. I have 7l tupperware container with an airline joiner through the tupperware. Used the soldering iron method to put it through, that worked well. Very short piece of airline hose and small airline tap. To set it to drip rate is a mare, I turn it all the way in and then open it slowly. Some days i get two days of good drip rate, then it completely goes awry. I do not have any hose on the outlet side. So my issue seems to either be hardware, setup or incorrect way of setting the drip rate. So what do you other guys that use kalkwasser use? Chrs Report
February 6, 200719 yr comment_145970 Use a dosing pump or just pour it in at night. I don’t use kaltwasser anymore but in the past i would put in two litres a day. I would mix it and let it settle for 20 mins. Then pour in 500mls wait 5 mins and put in another 500 mls. There is no need to drip it. Report
February 6, 200719 yr comment_146004 I thought that ph went mental if you dose with a pour, hence the drip method? Report
February 6, 200719 yr comment_146015 Im sure youve done the same thing as me ? But i used an IV line from the vets at work i never have any probs with this. HTH Ben Report
February 6, 200719 yr comment_146023 I thought that ph went mental if you dose with a pour, hence the drip method? It does, however only for a short period and found fish/coral did not mind it at all. hence only dosing 500mls at a time Report
February 6, 200719 yr Author comment_146122 Hmm thanks. reckon the iv line thing might be the go then as the normal airline tap keeps clogging. Report
February 7, 200719 yr comment_146256 When I was dosing kalk I just added it to my topoff barrel. Report
February 7, 200719 yr comment_146258 Np let me know if you cant get hold of one. you can also buy them from st john or the red cross Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.