Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hazzard

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Hazzard

  1. Can i ask why an epoxy product would contain a mould release agent?
  2. Ive only owned him for about a year.Before me Craig and Shelly from Redwood aquatics owned him. I'd love to keep him but hes not reef safe so i cant put him in my reef tank and i cant keep two big tanks with a new baby on the way.
  3. Dam that was fast!!! I only put that on 2 minutes befor you posted. Thanks for the promo GZ!
  4. Hazzard posted a topic in Saltwater
    Has anyone out there used this brand for lighting? They do some nice halide/t5 combos but i dont know much about the brand.
  5. Hazzard replied to GZ_Loach's topic in Saltwater
    Thanks for posting this. I meant to get round to it. PS the porcupine has been sold.
  6. I thought that ph went mental if you dose with a pour, hence the drip method?
  7. Hey Feelers, i'll have to take a camera over to mikes place to get a few pics. All the guys are doing great, even the anemone is happy!
  8. Guys all information supplied from all sides is appreciated to us newbies. These forum threads help so many so i dont believe that varying opinions over such small issues are worth the hassle. Without the assistance of more experienced salties through these forums the hobbyist in general would be greatly deprived.
  9. Hmmm... lots to think about and experiment with. Thanks alot guys, look forward to seeing your setup Duncan
  10. Any recommendations Duncan?
  11. The website said the same thing but also said that the pipe would have to be a couple of inches into the sump for back pressure to build up, i guess not, . I might have to try a filter sock.
  12. I have just fitted a durso standpipe to my weir in an effort to quiet things down a bit. I have followed the diagram on durso.com but cant seem to get the flushing/gurgling effect to go away. The hole in the top has been slowly made larger to test if thats the problem but with no sucess. I have also noticed that if the pipes running into the sump are just submerged the problem becomes worse but if the pipes are above water level there is to much splashing down there. Does anyone have any advice?
  13. Im currently running the 1262 on a 4 foot tank and its great. I will soon be switching to a 5x2x2 tank and transfering the eheim over to it. I have a mate running a laguna 5 and hes always complaining about the noise. Not sure if its just his or if lagunas are just like that.
  14. Have you thought about buying a house with a pool and converting it? Put a conservatory over it and it would be fantastic! A lot cheaper too!
  15. Hazzard replied to HelifaxNZ's topic in Saltwater
    Great lights, scary price! Given some time im sure they will come down. Is any one here in NZ importing?
  16. Nice work,keep the pictures coming
  17. What brand are you using and what are they worth retail?
  18. Hazzard posted a topic in Saltwater
    I have recently acquired some corals on rock that has a covering of hair algae on it. The tank they came from was not in great condition and im guessing was full of nutrients. The algae hasnt spread anywhere but is refusing to die off on that rock. Could the rock itself be leaching nutrients to feed the algae? The rest of the tanks readings are fine.
  19. Not sure cause it was on when i got it. I will be adding a uv to my new tank for sure though.From what ive heard the cheaper ones still seem to have a positive effect. I havent heard a bad thing said about them yet.
  20. Ive had a 9w uv on my system since i got it and have never had a problem with white spot.
  21. Wow

    Hazzard replied to TM's topic in Saltwater
    Simply stunning
  22. Hazzard replied to dhindry's topic in Saltwater
    Thats the one! I used to have one of these, he was lovely.
  23. Hazzard replied to dhindry's topic in Saltwater
    Are we sure its not a semi-juvenile red coris wrasse?
  24. Hazzard posted a topic in Saltwater
    How much does airation of a tank effect ammonia,nitrite and nitrate?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.