Meet the new kids :)

suemack

update on the babies :D - I generally leave the fry in a 5 gall tank with the parents (end up with 20 - 40 fish for the lfs which is more than enough for my tanks) - but this time.....both parents are very young - yesturday ended up moving firstly the male (relentlessly pursuing the female) then later in the day taking the female out as she was sampling a few to many of the fry :evil:

:o There must be something in the water cos this morning Blossum and Billy - the albino cories - were up and down the glass and tonight have a lovely batch of eggs plastered all over the tank :roll: a few look to be infertile but I'll be in trouble if they hatch in a little tank that is already home to a swarm of baby guppies :lol:

I think it must be the weather! The day before yesterday my bronze cories laid eggs, yesterday my jewels(Both females I think) laid eggs, and today my gold severums(Both males, I think) are busy cleaning off some rocks and digging a pit next them and shivering at each other. Of course, I accept alternate lifestyles, but why do all my fish have to be gay?!?

• 4 weeks later...

:lol: the kids are a month old and some have been moved into one of the bigger tanks as it was getting a little overcrowded in the 5 gall. They look like guppies now.........still small but getting colour, mostly sexable and they certainly behave like miniature adults

sue :D

f9f98288.jpg

:lol: cool - how many babies have you got robbo?

water sprite has got to be one of my 2 fav plants.........java fern being the other. They are the only plants I haven't managed to kill - I'm afraid I have a bit of a brown thumb when it comes to plants whether they be in the garden or the aquarium

would love to see some pics of your guppies

sue :D