February 2, 200719 yr comment_145426 ok so i moved house and now i have guppies (for the gf) they are in a 2ft tank have a spounge filter in one conera, and a box filter in the other coner, as a substrae i have used small schist rocks (so babies can get in the gaps to hide in. there is also some larger schist to make lil teratories, i also have a fake ambuila, and a fake sword plant, (will get more when i havbe $$$ i have 1 wild female, 1 white with black eyes female, and one gold platnum male, the wild female is preg from a different male and here are some pics male and female male whole tank will try to get beter pics at some stage so yea we will see what happens Report
February 2, 200719 yr Author comment_145431 thaks i will be adding more fake ambuila as i can afford it Report
February 2, 200719 yr comment_145434 Looks good, why fake plants? thats what i was going to say looks good though Report
February 2, 200719 yr Author comment_145436 Looks good, why fake plants? 2 reasons, 1: they dont die 2: the type of substrate is no good for them Report
February 2, 200719 yr comment_145438 is that "otago" from a garden centre you have used for the gravel?? Yea they don't die but they don't grow either :lol: Report
February 11, 200719 yr comment_147355 thats a cool tank!!......... i was so gutted my tank the one a friend was making a nice stand an that from got smashed!! soo gutted!!! Report
February 12, 200719 yr Author comment_147361 thank you, this is my 1st non-cichlid tank, im just doing my water changes, so after ive finished ill get some new pics as its changed alot Report
February 12, 200719 yr comment_147365 I am impressed the water doesn't fall out of that tank, being set up on its end like that Report
February 12, 200719 yr comment_147368 We're sure gunna miss your smart alex remarks when your away on hols Caryl. :roll: Report
February 12, 200719 yr comment_147370 Then you will be pleased to know I ought to have fairly regular Net access (and free!) while away Report
February 12, 200719 yr Author comment_147380 I am impressed the water doesn't fall out of that tank, being set up on its end like that it took alot of time but i have marstered the art of tanks on end. i no i no im a lengend!!!! Report
February 12, 200719 yr Author comment_147390 as promised the updated pics fish: 1 gold platnium male 2 GBG (golden black eyed guppy) [like the GBA gold with black eyes] substrate: shotover gravel filters: 1 box filter with filter wool and noodles, 1sponge filter. lighting on 5pm-10pm, plants: all fake Report
February 16, 200719 yr comment_148333 Nice tank Gannet, congratulations. I don't want to start yet another angry, argumentative post, but could I ask that you say "my" gf, not "the" gf? Its just a pet peeve of mine - she's not a thing, she's a person I know its how people have always spoken, I remember people saying "meet the wife" thirty years ago. It annoyed me then and it annoys me now, even if the term isn't used intentionally as a put down. Cheers Report
February 16, 200719 yr Author comment_148336 sorry lol, but i wasnt alive 30 years ago lol. sadly i lost a female guppy tho Report
February 16, 200719 yr comment_148337 lol gannet oops, I missed the bit about the guppy. Sorry to hear about the loss Report
February 19, 200719 yr Author comment_148788 well i have my 1st guppies bubbas (tehehe fry) just did a water change and saw 1, then 2, then 6 etc etc etc, so i stoped the water syphon, and used a smaller hose to finish it off, IE airline. some look yellow like mum n dad, but one has blue on it and looks realy nice. to small to get pics of, less than 1cm how old would they be? Report
March 29, 200719 yr comment_154044 Just thought I'd add I LOVE YOUR TANK setup and goodluck with breeding your guppies. I'm doin the same thing at the moment and I have four females pregnant and some very pretty but young males. Do you know if the small young females can bear live young o.k? I have two females which are pretty young - just got them and their already pregnant, just need to know if they'll be o.k. Cheers Butterfly Report
March 29, 200719 yr Author comment_154055 sorry i dont know about young guppies... im also sady to say ill be shuting this tank down as im planning to go to camp america if i get in... and i already have a new home for the guppies to go too Report
March 29, 200719 yr comment_154069 Where is camp america Tom. Please don't say America I have never heard of it. How long will you be away for?? Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.