Breeding RED, YELLOW "Kadango"

Johannes Visser

evilknieval69 - get a life. No further comments to the likes of you. I do not know how to post pics ( and no one has told me how even though I asked ) so some sort of explanation helps.

LOL! me get a life?.....haha!.

It has been explained hundreds of times on here how to post pics. Its not hard. There are stickys about it, plus other posts; got eyes?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dudette - even better. Nothing like the care of a good woman :wink:

Tell you something funny.

When I was a kid I came across some Gold Axolotyls in Australia and tried to import them to no avail. So I settled for some black and white ones instead. Well these guys did their thing and before you know it I had hundreds. The seed was sown. In 1981 I was working at a pet store and had progressed to tropical fish ( and my axies :D ). One day they had these weird but very attractive "African Cichlids ( Chick a lids :lol: ) in stock and I was told they were "mouth brooders" :o . WOW, I gotta get some of these. They were called Psuedotropheus Lombardoi and Psuedotropheus Auratus ( back then ) so I got some pairs and spawned them - facinating back then I can tell you. The rest my friends is history :D .

Now I have got my Gold Axies and am going to get back into these again - funny how things go full circle :lol:

BTW: Some of the fish I have on offer I have kept going for 9 years now and I really want them to go to people who will keep them going another 9

Um right..... Most (normal) people wouldn't say 'my one is like that, but better' straight up..... You just sound like a stuck up %&*$

Totally uncalled for evil. As for posting pics, many people still have trouble understanding, even after they have read the sticky and had things explained.

OOA if you cannot work out how to post pics, email them to me and I will do it for you.

Thanks Caryl,

This thread is starting to take on a much more enjoyable tone :D

If this is caryl ( alias MX 5 ) from Blenheim then we have met. My collection has increased and now it is on offer to anyone genuinely interested.

Afrikan - good bit of humour really. Probably better than some peoples efforts - I have heard some real classic attempts, but at least they try :)

Yeah thats me. How have you been. Still looking after the little guys?

I saw you driving around down here quite some time ago but you were obviously on a mission, doing the pet shop rounds no doubt :P

Oh Yeah - To anyone interested: I found the offending Borleyi on my Malawi CD - C. Borleyi "Cobue". Check it out for yourself, Orange stripe on anal fin and all :wink:

Johanne, what you have done is great. 8) I know how hard it is for someone to say, my poor fishies aren't what they were bought as. Well done again. Getting rid of the male was a good thing to do & the positive is it sounds like you got a great male, bonus.

I can't really tell you about the females. As I said the top female looks like a top specimen. The others were to hard to tell. I guess compare them against each other.

If the females were from the same source as the male, then I am sorry to say, they are liable to be dodgy. They would share same parents... If not who knows.

Two options, anyone who has Kadangos, please pop around & see Johanne. Or Johanne any chance you can find out who bred the females. See if you can few the parents.

OOA, it's hard here to find a male that colours up like that in the pic I provided. The main idea was the shape..... Remember to these fish take ages to colour up to their full potential.

Frenchy :D

I am hearing you herefishiefishie,

This is one strain I have been breeding for 9 years now, one of my longest staples - fantastic fish. They do take a while to colour but it is their finage that takes the most time - do not really look their best until aprox 2 years old.

Of particular interest is that the "Cobue" strain is very elongated compared to the "Kadango" strain. It is all on the official Malawi CD, check it out for yourself.

You are modest arent ya OOA.....

Well well well. OOA you can be as MODEST as you wish. OOA have been keeping and breeding cichlids for a long time and has imported some of the best specimens ive seen for a long time. Yes, the importers bring in Borleyi's, Ahli's, etc but they just look CRAP compared to OOA stock.

I have purchased a few fish of OOA including Cyprichromis, which he has bred, and the good old borleyi which if anyone is interested they can pop around and have a look at some of the offspring. The AWESOME offspring.

Its a real shame that OOA is closing down the fishroom as this knowledge will be surely missed. Now i will have to hound Frenchy :lol:

Ohh yeah, i cant post pics as well. Which might be a good thing as my (OOA) Borleyi looks like that but better. :P:P