Tank update

fishtv

But if its vertical, when it heats the water, the water goes up (convection :wink: ) and travels past the heaterstat, the heaterstat thinks that the apuarium is warm enough, so it turns the heater off and the tank isnt properly heated through...

Just another thing to think about. Of course it doesnt matter if its in a high flow area....

all of our heaters are vertical, a couple are in hi flow areas and others arn't and there is no major difference that we can see in out temps between tanks.

IMO I prefer them vertical as they can be hidden more easily i.e with a nice big clump of attractive plants.

B

all of our heaters are vertical, a couple are in hi flow areas and others arn't and there is no major difference that we can see in out temps between tanks.

IMO I prefer them vertical as they can be hidden more easily i.e with a nice big clump of attractive plants.

B

I had two 150w heaters verticle in my 200L tank, when I put them on a 60' angle I found that the water temp rose & had to turn the thermostat down

B

Yes, i prefer to have heaters vertical aswell hehe. The difference is not much, but some people worry about things like that, and depending on your fish and how picky they are then i guess that effects it. IMO it doesnt REALY matter but i thought i would point it out

If the heater has an internal thermostat, then the rising warm water will fool the heater into thinking the tank is actually warmer than it is. Best to put it at an angle or horizontal for geater accuracy (IMO).

Then again, 50% of heaterstats out there aren't accurate anyways, so what's the point? :lol:

• 1 month later...