First Pictures of the new Galaxy 's

Billaney

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I notice the date was the 17th of Jan was when you reported their spawning, so I'd suggest that those babies would be from that spawning and have been hiding in the plants.

Thereby having the size the are when you first saw them.

I agree Alan even if i have been at the tank most nights with a magnifing glass ...lol

Well done how are the little uns doing now?

Just wondering how much these are being sold for in store? Last I heard was $20.80 each.

they seem to be doing great feding well on microwormsand increasing in numbers each time i look :)

i looked at some in Auckland two weeks ago and they were over $25 each.

• 3 weeks later...

Nice pics, can you catch a few and take pics in a lit container? Would be nice to have a good pictorial record of the growth and development of the fry. I know you're a busy guy with lots of breeding, so if ya can't be fussed we understand :D I'm so busy right now I wouldn't have time either. Nice to know the fishies can breed without us!

You have a new tank ready for pickup, btw ;) Need to get some of that mesh from ya, too. Wanna bring some along?

• 2 weeks later...

The fry are doing great , I now have three batches of free swimming fry in seperate tanks and another tank with eggs, here isa updated picture of a couple of the fry after a good feed of decapsulated brine shrimp eggs :)

DSC_1450.jpg

slightly off topic - but with the decapsulated brine shrimp eggs, do they sink or float? and do you find that they give the same nutrition as live brine shrimp because I read somewhere that said a % of the eggs don't get digested and just end up coming out the other end..?

slightly off topic - but with the decapsulated brine shrimp eggs, do they sink or float? and do you find that they give the same nutrition as live brine shrimp because I read somewhere that said a % of the eggs don't get digested and just end up coming out the other end..?

they float when you put them in the tank but as they absorb the water they sink , and i think they are great for young fry of all types , i've had great success with feeding decap as i know many other have giving great growth rates :)