January 11, 200719 yr comment_140637 I'm considering getting this RO/DI from these guys in the UK: http://www.ro-man.com/shop/product_info.php/cPath/22/products_id/90 This works out to be around $210 NZD, which seems quite a reasonable price for a 50 Gallon Per Day 4 Stage unit. I'd prefer to buy NZ - Are there any suppliers over here that can beat that price? Report
January 11, 200719 yr comment_140640 Thats is a bargin, the cheapest I have seen in NZ have been twice that price, and the actual water filter shops are more like 3-4 times as much. I was quoted over a $1000 from one shop and that didn't include the DI. Report
January 11, 200719 yr Author comment_140642 That's what I found, it seems incredibly cheap. I'm all for buying NZ, but not at 200% more. Report
January 11, 200719 yr comment_140643 this is the same model unit i have, very good units! i got mine from wonderworld in rotorua, Arty sold it to me for $350, but it was at the same time i brought a very large amount of live stock so i think he gave me a reasoniable discount. from memory the box had $450 on it but i may be wrong. Report
January 11, 200719 yr comment_140645 I found the same to be true. I bought one on Ebay and had my parents mule it here on their last visit. Cost me $130 NZD for a 6-stage 100GPD RODI without shippping. The hardest part was finding balloons large enough to fit the filters. Report
January 11, 200719 yr comment_140647 I'm considering getting this RO/DI from these guys in the UK: http://www.ro-man.com/shop/product_info.php/cPath/22/products_id/90 This works out to be around $210 NZD, which seems quite a reasonable price for a 50 Gallon Per Day 4 Stage unit. I'd prefer to buy NZ - Are there any suppliers over here that can beat that price? If you do get one let me know cause i am in the market and would be keen for a peice of the action Report
January 12, 200719 yr comment_140723 I purchased my filter & spare parts from Peter Howard in Tasmania. A really nice guy to deal with, some good prices and a good selection of units in stock. http://www.psifilters.com.au/masa.htm Cheers. Report
January 12, 200719 yr comment_140724 I'm considering getting this RO/DI from these guys in the UK: http://www.ro-man.com/shop/product_info.php/cPath/22/products_id/90 This works out to be around $210 NZD, which seems quite a reasonable price for a 50 Gallon Per Day 4 Stage unit. I'd prefer to buy NZ - Are there any suppliers over here that can beat that price? I'd be keen to get one as well. Would you get a discount for buying more than 1? Report
January 12, 200719 yr comment_140735 is freight on top of that and are spare filters avail here as u need to change stage 1&2 annually and stage 3 bi-annually Report
January 12, 200719 yr comment_140791 I got one of the 3 stage versions of these, slightly cheaper than the 4 stage. I had it shipped to a mate in London and had him post it to me as it was supposed to be cheaper than getting them to send it direct. The price of freight doubled the cost. $395 landed, was 3 months, yes, 3 MONTHS LATE, and it was not in working order (fortunately not a major as I could get a replacement part locally). In the end I could've got a unit that produced more gallons per day for slightly less in Auckland. They do seem to be a reasonable unit but I wish I'd bought locally. Do wonderworld carry the replacement filters for them? Report
January 12, 200719 yr comment_140793 If you want a NZ rodi unit contact Anthony preston in howick auckland. Report
January 12, 200719 yr comment_140794 But i have a RO man 4 stage unit very very happy with it. Report
January 12, 200719 yr comment_140795 for me, it is like a printer or a fax, it is not necessarly the initial cost, but that of the replacements, not only in dollars, but availability and frequency of need for replacement. Report
January 12, 200719 yr comment_140822 I bought a 6-stage RO/DI unit with extra set of filters and TDS meter of e-bay from the states. All up for the great proce of NZ$ 360 including shipping what was about half the cost. 8) Makes you wonder why they are so expensive here in NZ. Report
January 12, 200719 yr comment_140836 Same reason everything else cost more in nz, quantities sold are far smaller so you have to work on a bigger mark-up. we also have lots of compliance cost for importing some products and you have additional cost like, MAf, gst,customs, freight forwarders etc, the list goes on. Also in general salaries keep rising so product cost keeps rising. Also eBay is not a store so comparing pricing on eBay from a pricing from a shop/trader is not a fair comparison. Report
January 12, 200719 yr comment_140838 pretty sure that the american units use odd filter sizes too, ok if u can source them. Report
January 13, 200719 yr comment_140898 Complete newbie here and I'm sure you're gonna think me thick but what size tank would you use a RO/DI unit for, we have an AR620T Report
January 13, 200719 yr comment_140968 RO/DI is not dependent on the size of the tank, it is all about water quality, if you use tap water for top off or for mixing salt then you will be adding neutrents to your tank. if you have an RO/DI unit and use this for all water entering the tank, you can be sure it is good water and will not add any neutrents to the tank. its all about keeping the water as clean as possiable. hope that helps. ohh and welcome 8) Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.