Hands up who wants one of these

supasi

Finally finished looking through it! I can pick at only a few things... 1. Where's the discus and apisto's???, and 2. I think it needs to be a bit deeper (front to back).

Other than that, friggin awesome! He's gonna have apple snails coming out of his ears.

Given half a chance I would do large tanks like they have, there is nothing like placing a 20kg rock in a tank to put things into perspective.

Although I do think the way I have the lights set up beats their system hands down.

Yeah thats an awesome accomplishment :bow::bow::bow:

But I do have to say 'apple snails, PLANTS?!?', I'd rather pass on the snails, as much as I love the idea of eggs hanging from my Arcadia T5 fittings!!%$#!!! :o

Would be awesome, you'd be able to actually see fish schooling more wildlike. Those Schwartz Corys look rad.

Wouldnt the filter be an absoulute nightmare to clean...

You wouldn't clean it. If the bio area is big enough you never need to open filters because they'll rot stuff down until its soluable before they get a chance to clog and it gets taken out with water changes.

When he did the piping I assumed he'd have a sump or something though?

When he did the piping I assumed he'd have a sump or something though?

i thought that was the genies part as half of the tank is literally the sump. all the space behind the rock wall is filled with bio ball.

like everyone else said should have been much deeper.

nice selection of plants but pretty randomly picked and just as randomly planted. not my choice of substrate especially if ur goin to have plants.

i thought he was goin to hang those lights especially when it looks like he has the wires hanging from the sealing waiting for them. And maybe its just me but i dont like it when ppl stock 30 odd fish all at once.

What lucky people...I wish we could get more types of plants and fish in NZ... :roll: And if there was someone who did deliveries... These guys must be VERY rich or something!! Look at all the stuff they bought.... :o

Most if not all of the plants and fish used in this setup are available in NZ.

With plants, they don't have to cost that much. You only need one of each plant no matter how big your tank is. They grow very quickly in the right conditions and in only a couple of months you'll have 10x as much plant as you started with and it will be full sized as well...

I once set up a 3000L aquarium and was going to stock it with 35-40 Discus. The plan was to buy 4 (2 breeding pairs) and breed them to get the number I needed. So again, if you are prepared to wait a bit you can save many $$.