You go away for 5 days and come back to dead fish :(

TimTam22

:( I went away last wednesday and arrived back on sunday night to find that one of my tanks had 2x dead GBA's 3x dead mollies and 3x dead plattys :cry: Always has to be the best looking bigest ones in the tank although it could have been worst if any of my big fish had died in my other tank :evil:

I think its all due to over feeding, the flat mate that was feeding them i didn't see till today that was mean't to be following my instructions i typed out and put on the fridge on feeding them, he recon's he only put in 1 cube of food but theres about 6 or 7 blocks missing not counting 6 blocks of blood worms too :o (hopefully some went into my other tank) and I only asked for them to be feed twice.

After a 40% water change the other fishies are looking better so hopefully no more deaths :oops:

hi timtam

i think bl means bad luck

i went away for five days too last week but didnt bother to get anyone to feed mine as that is usually what happens.

i just fedd them up the week before i went, then done water change the night before i left, come home to happy fish.

they can go for a while without feeding if they are healthy.

anyway lesson learned, i supposed they used the excuse" but they were looking hungry"

sorry bout the loss :cry::cry::cry:

I've used one of those feeding cubes on one occation when we've went away. The other I've used those old peoples pill organizers and put dried food for each day in them. The neighbor would come over and just open up one and dump it in and that would be it.

Yea I just found another one dead ( the one i got off you paws and I will flick you a PM now too as i really like mollies)

Nope I have 2 wild mollies left 2 died from the trip and two the day i put them into the tank (I think from stress) but the final two are still going strong. They are so friendly they come right up to my hand when doing gravel vac's I could probably catch them with my hands. I haven't got any pic's of the wild ones but I will post some photos of the ones i lost :cry: below (sorry bout the crapy photo's but you get the idea)

I was thinking about not getting him to feed them but then thought he may try by himself to feed them if i didn't ask :oops: and exactly sharn coz they look hungry

Fish297.jpg

Fish235.jpg

Fish234.jpg

Fish244.jpg