Large Tank Stand , DIY help :)

slash

Hi,

Iam looking to make my own stand for a tank thats 172cm x 50cm x 52cm.

I made on that was temperarory but not very appealing to the eye :oops: .

IMAGE_00015.jpg

Also as you can see the tank is wider than the table

IMAGE_00010.jpg

and doesnt look very good with all the extra wooden bits there used for support and flattning.

IMAGE_00011.jpg

IMAGE_00011.jpg

I would like to make a new stand, somthing to atleast resemble something like this with a budget of about $200 - $250. With a matching canopy.

TankStand-640.jpg

- I just need some info on how to do it for a large tank (ive only seen tutorials for small stands).

- What kind of materials, tools i will need and sizes, (prices would help too :) ),

- A sump underneath would be awesome.

- Lights inbuilt into the canopy or covered by the canopy so it cannot be seen

Or is there someplace that will do this for me for about $500 approx? Thanks any help would be cool :)!

do u have good woodworking skills and have all the necessary tools? if u don't i wouldn't bother making it yourself.

$250 would only cover the material at a good discount unless u go for MDF. i know of a few of places that mite able to do it for around $500. u've been PMd

do u have good woodworking skills and have all the necessary tools? if u don't i wouldn't bother making it yourself.

$250 would only cover the material at a good discount unless u go for MDF. i know of a few of places that mite able to do it for around $500. u've been PMd

My woodwork skill arnt bad, and i could get all the tools, just need to know what the essentials are 8)

I made a stand from 4x2 for the top and bottom plates, 3x4 for the legs, only has 6 legs with braces and 20mm ply on the top, then poly, then tank, year and a bit later still strong and sound.

Same as your design but less legs lol

Holds a tank 6' x2' x2'2" with 4ft sump underneath and all the other fishy bits needed to run a tank :)

Photo

Thanx

peter