who are the people that custom make tanks

Gannet

im having a dream and want to know how much it would cost.

the tank i want is 3m x 1m x 1m just under 3000L of 800g

this is like my 5 year plan tank (unless i win lotto)

and on top of all that i would need filters, lights, etc

basical i just want a quote so i can try get some plans going.

another idea could be to only have one side glass to keep cost down but ill talk to the makers 1st

Go here:

http://www.fnzas.org.nz/fishroom/viewto ... k&start=15

A tank this big will cost well over $5K to have made. I made this one for $1.9K and it's the size you want. The most expensive part was the glass at $1K for a piece 2900 x 1000 and 19mm thick. I got the steel for approx $250 as scrap metal from a couple of the local scrap yards. The 38mm plywood (2 x 19mm laminated) was free from packing crates at work. The fibreglass was done by a mate for $400 and the painting I did myself for $200. The rest was for screws and silicone (22 tubes to seal the front glass in).

i am wanting to make a 5000L tank for pacu one day and it would have wooden back, bottom and sides with a pespex/glass front. it seems quite tricky to put together and you need some sort of sealent for the inside (perhaps pool sealents or something) but it would work out cheaper than all glass i would imagine

i am wanting to make a 5000L tank for pacu one day and it would have wooden back, bottom and sides with a pespex/glass front. it seems quite tricky to put together and you need some sort of sealent for the inside (perhaps pool sealents or something) but it would work out cheaper than all glass i would imagine

a tank that size would need its own foundation. well over 5 tonne :o

im not sure- someone said once that that massive seahorse farm tank would put less pressure per square meter on the ground than a car (only four wheels touching the ground) because its spread out over such a large area, i assumed this would be the case for the tank i wanted (over 3.5mx4 footx4 foot and it would be out in the garage) but i did look into that industrial concrete at one stage.

i would definatly re-inforce the floor extremely well for putting a tank like that inside. youd probably wana get builders in to do that to make sure its done properly