Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cyana

Featured Replies

Well I have stopped dosing everything. My cyano got bad but seems to be lifting of the sand and clearing up.

I think it is due to a 60mm deep sand bed and never cleaning it. pain in the ass to clean. But I'm going to do it next water change.

Think you should get some advise before cleaning it, by stiring it up vacuuming etc you might release more than just leaving alone. The suggestion I would make is to suck parts of the sand bed out with each water change and replace the sand, or possibly suck it out and clean it out of the tank.

i had some cyno a while ago, i just stired up the sand and blew it off the rocks before a water change. cleared up pritty fast. i did syphon some out in the end but the worst of it took care of its self.

What is the best way to get back to lifeless clean sand out of the tank?

Rinse with RODI water?

Dry it out then rinse?

I had the same problem but my sand was about 6 inchs deep I dont think it would be a good idea to touch it? I havent touched mine for two years no problem :wink: Just my 2c

What is the best way to get back to lifeless clean sand out of the tank?

Rinse with RODI water?

Dry it out then rinse?

i siphoned it and washed in s/w when i re-scaped. long term i will periodically do the same to a portion at a time, over time.

  • Author

Well best advice I have ever had.... Thanks Suphew and Sharkey. I think you are on the right track. Sand is only 6months old so still going through the cycle. Every thing else could not be better.

Going to add an other rock structure from Jacko (Bubbles) which will cause some more trouble. But I'm running out of places to put frags ect. As you all know my tank is far from the reef wall to the point I have no where to put stuff.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.