Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

where do i get riccia?

Featured Replies

does anyone know where i can get this plant? i've read lots of lovely things about it and want to try attaching it to my piece of driftwood - animates doesn't sell it tho. :-?

  • 4 weeks later...

Lorrainel I picked up some from wet pets for about $10 the day after the show in Masterton I suggest you call in (being so close) I bet they would fix you up.

There was some in the stream down near the golf course in waikanae beach, dunno if its still in there this was atleast 2-3 months back!

Maybe too far away from you though, I may be going down that way in the next week or 2 so could possibly check and go for a swim/kayak if i can be bothered!!

Haha I won that first auction, but I definately wouldn't pay anymore than what i paid for it :o Funny tho coz I keep chucking clumps out coz i don't want it floating, just waiting for a clump I have got stuck on the bottem to take off :lol:

no it doesnt, he just uses one on his tank.

that is extremely expensive for a handful of riccia :o

im sure someone on here has some spare they could give you, it doesnt take long to get it to grow into a big clump

are you supplying this plant with co2? if so how will it handle having none

Yes, I am supplying this plant with CO2. With no CO2 it will still grow but slower

perhaps im just reading it wrong but it sounds like hes just got co2 running on his tank and ranson is just asking what type of unit it is? if he does have the jbl unit with that then its worth at least 100 and i should get bidding :lol:

It only states that CO2 is used with the riccia tank. Not that CO2 will go with the auction.

Hi. Yes, I am supplying this plant with CO2. With no CO2 it will still grow but slower.

Alan 104

You're also missing the very first line of the auction.

You are bidding on a handful of Ricca fluitans.

No mention of a CO2 system for sale in this auction.

The way it's worded may be confusing but it looks like he is saying that he is adding co2 to the tank it is in , NOT sending a co2 unit with the plant ..

amazing, the original clump which Ira gave me which grew out of control which I took bucketloads to club meeting which a certain club member grabbed, grew and then sells to other club members and on trademe for huge profit.

I dont think I will ever bring leftover plants or fish to club meetings ever again. Why should I when they will end up profiteering on trademe and not being passed on to others.

are you supplying this plant with co2?

Yea I was looking at the word supplying and thinking of it in a different way.

Why should I when they will end up profiteering on trademe and not being passed on to others.

its sad when things like that happen :(

lorrainel, are you running CO2??

I just spotted a small clump in one of my tanks (forgot i chucked it in there) well anyway its not doing very well in that tank and I was thinking if you have no luck I can send you this small clump to try out.

I do stress though its only about old 50cent size and its been sitting behind the filter inlet but may be worth a try for free :roll: duno what postage is worth though??? may not be worth it

Yes I bought some riccia about a month ago, good lighting seems to be the defining detail whether it does well or not. One aquarium with good lighting now has riccia to be culled...the other aquarium not lit for plants...gouramis (pigs) ate it all in a week! Burp!

Have updated the lighting so will see if the pigs can keep up with the riccia :lol:

Haven't had a great deal of success with tying it onto things for aquascaping...seems to break up and float up to the top, will have to try a smaller mesh.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.